+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another pointless thread really- marooned in Spain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another pointless thread really- marooned in Spain

Well, from Barrow to Alicante on the Costa Blanca. All the Jet2 stuff to contend with on our flight home on monday...but I listened to the game on the beautiful Alicante harbour.
    Everything here is closed and no one about, other than Brits walking along the esplanade. I stopped everyone and said' Hey, Notts County have the largest attendance in Europe this afternoon and we're winning.. one, two, three..no four nil!'
    Everyone stopped for a matter. Everyone loves Notts and wishes us well.
    It will, of course, be typical us....in brilliant form and about to win everything and Wembley and all that, and it's down to teams drawn out the hat.
    Hey ho.......I've had a LOT worse times supporting Notts, so I'm just happy.
    Even though getting back is a worry.
    Enjoy. David xx

Quote Originally Posted by glasgowdave View Post
    Well, from Barrow to Alicante on the Costa Blanca. All the Jet2 stuff to contend with on our flight home on monday...but I listened to the game on the beautiful Alicante harbour.
    Everything here is closed and no one about, other than Brits walking along the esplanade. I stopped everyone and said' Hey, Notts County have the largest attendance in Europe this afternoon and we're winning.. one, two, three..no four nil!'
    It will, of course, be typical us....in brilliant form and about to win everything and Wembley and all that, and it's down to teams drawn out the hat.
    Enjoy. David xx
    Good luck David, chin up just doesn't cut it. Stay safe.

Good luck there Dave, could be worse, we could have lost 0-4 instead! Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by glasgowdave View Post
    Enjoy. David xx
    It's interesting that you mention that Dave, because I have one (pregnant) daughter in Gran Canaria with Jet2 and after much worry it seems they will fly them home on Tuesday at no extra cost. Another daughter is currently on a city break in Wroclaw and has been told by Ryanair that her return flight on Monday has been cancelled. Their email says she can claim her £19.99 fare as a full refund, but after hours of trying, she can't contact them as to how she gets home. It looks like her best option at the moment is to get a coach to Berlin (6 hour journey) and a much more expensive flight home from there. I know others will pay a much higher price, so as long as she gets home safe and sound she will probably be one of the lucky ones..

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's interesting that you mention that Dave, because I have one (pregnant) daughter in Gran Canaria with Jet2 and after much worry it seems they will fly them home on Tuesday at no extra cost. Another daughter is currently on a city break in Wroclaw and has been told by Ryanair that her return flight on Monday has been cancelled. Their email says she can claim her £19.99 fare as a full refund, but after hours of trying, she can't contact them as to how she gets home. It looks like her best option at the moment is to get a coach to Berlin (6 hour journey) and a much more expensive flight home from there. I know others will pay a much higher price, so as long as she gets home safe and sound she will probably be one of the lucky ones..
    Not sure I would have gone today if I was you.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Not sure I would have gone today if I was you.
    I think the risk element was probably greater when I nipped into Sainsbury's after the game.

I will try and be sensible without being paranoid.

Hope they both come home safely.

Hope they get home safe. My mate flew to Spain with jet 2 and the plane turned around half way and came back.
    No surprise with O'Leary, horrible bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Hope they get home safe. My mate flew to Spain with jet 2 and the plane turned around half way and came back.
    No surprise with O'Leary, horrible bloke.
    Wrong Airline O'Leary Ryanair. Spain stopped the flights. Why travel abroad? We've known what was coming for weeks. I know someone who has lost £1500 rather than fly.
    Last edited by irishpete; 15-03-2020 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Wrong Airline O'Leary Ryanair. Spain stopped the flights. Why travel abroad? We've known what was coming for weeks. I know someone who has lost £1500 rather than fly.
    I know I was talking about Elite's daughter being left in Poland by Ryanair.
    Different sentence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast