+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavern Corona Virus Free Lock-in

The first man to get the coronavirus has been named. Ah Chu.

Are you still in self isolation guys?

Hi Rosie.

One more day to go! Sorry for not replying earlier - I wasn't feeling too bad when I started the thread, but had a really rough last couple of days. I seem to be feeling much improved this morning though, touch wood.

Sam, that made me laugh . Are you really in self isolation? I'd quite happily while away the days playing with Lego if I had some How are you coping without Fantasy League?

Westy, I can't believe the stupidity/selfishness of people standing in the queue with coronavirus symptoms, having returned from Italy!

How is your dad taking the news about over 70s having to stay at home? I spoke to my dad's partner today - apparently after BJ's statement, Dad announced that he was going to offer his services to elderly neighbours - helping them to do their shopping etc. Totally oblivious to the fact that he, too, is over 70 and has a serious heart condition! His partner has had to have "strong words" with him about putting himself at risk. He's not a happy bunny.

Exiled, I have a vision of you going round the supermarket with your trolley, waltzing past the baked beans and toilet roll aisles, and heading straight for the Stella! The important things!

Dave - you are absolutely right, I think the pictures of empty shelves on the news, just sets off a chain reaction - people who weren't panicking see those pics and panic! It's been nice to see people offering to help elderly, although I was saddened to read about people offering to do shopping for the elderly - taking their money and not coming back with the shopping! Another thing people could do to help is donate to food banks as they are struggling with a big drop in donations and some having to close/reduce services. Don't forget pet food if you are - my cousin is a vet and said she had the worst working day of her life yesterday. People coming in wanting perfectly healthy dogs put to sleep as they could no longer afford to feed their dogs after losing work due to crisis Others were coming in asking for elderly dogs to be put down, in case the surgery had to close, and not wanting their dogs to suffer if they got sick and this happened. So sad.

Oh Bongo!

At least they can't shut down our virtual little pub.

Hope you are all okay and have everything you need x
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 18-03-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Im at work.. would love to be self isolating

No, me and Isaac (my youngest, he might be manager of my team by the time the season start again) haven't been in isolation for real, but we've not been to play group or soft play or anywhere. So sort of!

Its amazing how much I used to watch sport tho. I've discovered this woman who lives with me. She's my wife and is quite nice. I will probably continue to talk to her until all this blows over

Well, work has been closed a week now, the pubs closed since Sunday night and I’ve finished Netflix and Sk Movies (well the ones that interest me).

I’m going off my rocker. With my situation, I daren’t risk crowded places. Not self isolating as such, more just avoiding places where social distancing can’t be respected.

Heard today that work will be closed til end of April at least, so it looks like DIY, baking and Stella are my only options for sanity. So expect collapsed cakes sitting on uneven shelves, hic hic .

Divorce lawyers will be the only ones to benefit from all this malarkey.

My Mrs just says, hey, you can stop that. We have to keep our distance bloody Virus😠

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    No, me and Isaac (my youngest, he might be manager of my team by the time the season start again) haven't been in isolation for real, but we've not been to play group or soft play or anywhere. So sort of!

Its amazing how much I used to watch sport tho. I've discovered this woman who lives with me. She's my wife and is quite nice. I will probably continue to talk to her until all this blows over
    Ha ha, it's amazing what you can find when you are paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Well, work has been closed a week now, the pubs closed since Sunday night and I’ve finished Netflix and Sk Movies (well the ones that interest me).

I’m going off my rocker. With my situation, I daren’t risk crowded places. Not self isolating as such, more just avoiding places where social distancing can’t be respected.

Heard today that work will be closed til end of April at least, so it looks like DIY, baking and Stella are my only options for sanity. So expect collapsed cakes sitting on uneven shelves, hic hic .

Divorce lawyers will be the only ones to benefit from all this malarkey.
    I hope you are managing to stay safely on your rocker, Exiled.

Oooh. Chocolate cake for me please. Collapsed is fine.

You are doing the right thing. It's a pain, but I guess over a period of a whole life time, it's only a small part of it and it's more important we all stay safe so we can have many more days to enjoy. That's what I'm trying to tell myself, anyway.

Mmm yummy. Very nice cake.

Ha ha that made me laugh, Dave! Try making her chocolate cake

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)