Hmm ... not exactly banging down the doors to get in, but hopefully someone will be along soon ...

So ... (talks to self hoping someone will hear and join in conversation) ... I hope all our lovely punters are doing well. I'm wondering about thoughts, funny stories, sad stories,heart warming stories on Corona. Feel free to chat about anything you want to and start new threads, games, etc if you have reached saturation point and want to distract yourself with something else ...

Gosh, wow, I never ever imagined I would see folks fighting over loo rolls! Seriously, quite distressing to see some pretty selfish behaviour reported eg a man who had stocked up on pasta refusing to give one of his many bags to an elderly lady who asked if he would let her have one of his as there were none left - even if I only had one bag of pasta, I'd have given it to the elderly lady - I wouldn't have been able to live with myself otherwise. My Mum said she was chatting to a nurse who said people were coming into the local hospital and ripping the hand sanitiser dispensers off the walls, and others were coming in and syphoning it off into bottles. Taking it from the people who are most vulnerable in society is awful.

On a funnier note, I did see a story about people going into the Tesco in West Brom to stock up on loo rolls. On finding the shelves bare, they decided to fill their trolleys with half price Easter eggs, causing a new mad scrambie for Easter eggs stockpiling, leading Tesco to have to ration them to 12 each! Easter eggs are the new loo rolls You do wonder whether people really want them or whether it's just the fear of missing out/herd mentality ...

So, do you think the government is under-reacting, over reacting, handing it well? Thoughts?