+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Self-Isolating

Police in Spain using drones to patrol the streets which warn people to return to their homes if they are spotted walking to a park, skateboarding or whatever.

Bloomin ell.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    No body is responsible for passing a virus on to others
    Please enlighten us on how this is spread professor?

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post

So, I've started my self-isolation today. Has anyone else started yet or are you all waiting for Boris to give the nod?
    I'll self-isolate when I've got a few mates who'll join me

Meanwhile every little cough, sneeze, shiver and sniffle seems scary. God only knows how folk would have got on if they had they had social media in the days of the Great Plague and hats off to the folk at Eyam.

We're supposed to be living off the income from ploughing earnings into investments. If covid doesn't get me starvation will.

Cool

Unfortunately this is going to have to run its course. Its all about educating people on how take precautions to help minimise the spread & look after/protect the elderly. Ideal self isolate with a s ex mad doll
    Last edited by irishpete; 15-03-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Please enlighten us on how this is spread professor?
    Aes the virus spreads from people to people. But the people that spread it are not responsible for how a virus spreads, you are suggesting that they are to blame

Life must carry on, people have to go to work, get goods and eat, if anyone is unfortunate to get the virus it is not there fault, they might not even know they have it, and they wont deliberately pass it on to others

As i said- the virus is here and nothing will stop it. So no amount of dramatisation by the press and frightening everybody will make an ounce of difference. Most people can not afford to isolate for weeks or months, the virus will still be here the anyway.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-03-2020 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

Self Isolate for how long?

In my opinion all this Covid 19 is nonsense its just flu, which the press and media for there own reasons have massively inflated and over dramatised

Why don,t we all just get on with it, no matter what the virus can not be stopped

Its one thing for people to self isolate for a week or 2- but for how long, 1 month, 2 months a year?

Life has to go on, most of us average joes have to go to work to earn a living, society cant just stop for months
    Ah, the impetuousness of youth. What do you do when there's no work to go to?

Aes the virus spreads from people to people. But the people that spread it are not responsible for how a virus spreads, you are suggesting that they are to blame

Life must carry on, people have to go to work, get goods and eat, if anyone is unfortunate to get the virus it is not there fault, they might not even know they have it, and they wont deliberately pass it on to others

As i said- the virus is here and nothing will stop it. So no amount of dramatisation by the press and frightening everybody will make an ounce of difference. Most people can not afford to isolate for weeks or months, the virus will still be here the anyway.
    I completely agree about the media. They do not help one bit and just fuel hysteria fear and panic. Likewise supermarkets were slow to react. Yes it’s great for their profits and bank balances if people are clearing shelves as fast as they can fill them, but the government needs to remind them that they have a social and moral responsibility to insure nobody struggles for basic food, sanitary and cleansing items. It does look as though rationing of the most popular items is coming to force in a number of supermarkets so that is a positive.

I can understand the purpose of the social isolation to try and delay the spread of the virus such that our health system can cope as best it can. If we do nothing and let it go on the rampage throughout society at the beginning it could end up overwhelming the health system and then the chances are more vulnerable people will die as a result who could otherwise have been saved.

Plus the longer it’s spread can be slowed down and delayed this buys time for hospitals and the health system to be stronger and better equipped to deal with new cases further down the line.

For example its better for the health system if 10,000 people get it at a rate of 1,000 a week for ten weeks rather than 10,000 at a rate of 5,000 a week for two weeks.

For society to function it almost needs to become like a production line where people getting ill, self isolating or going into hospital becomes on a par with people recovering from the illness and leaving hospital or coming out of self isolation.

Of course we don’t want to lock ourselves or our elderly away for weeks or months and we must live our lives and society can’t grind to a halt. We just need to try as a collective human race all do our bit to try to slow its spread down as best we can for the sake of ourselves our family, friends, colleagues and neighbours.

So if you had it, and you knew you worked in a care home, you’d go into work? You’d take no responsibility for your actions? Of course you would, life has to go on yes, but there is a responsibility that each of us has for being sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I completely agree about the media. They do not help one bit and just fuel hysteria fear and panic.
    Steady on with such sentiments, the NUJ element on here will be wishing a plague on both your houses!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    So if you had it, and you knew you worked in a care home, you’d go into work? You’d take no responsibility for your actions? Of course you would, life has to go on yes, but there is a responsibility that each of us has for being sensible.
    I get what your saying unfortunately its not as simple as that

I have to go to work to pay my rent and bills and food for me and my family, if i do not t go all i will receive is around £90 a week statutory sick pay. I just can not survive on that

I will gladly stay at home if the government or company i work for keep paying me, otherwise i cant. And many of us average joes are in the same position

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast