+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- China

O/T:- China

What is peoples thoughts towards them now after this?

Mines sod em. Make all the big companies decide where they want to be. Boycott them if they stay. Bring production back to Europe or the US. Why should the rest of us suffer & we will because of this. Get the economies booming over here rather than there once its cleared up. China will be booming after this if not whilst we pick up the pieces
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-03-2020 at 07:12 PM.

... send China the bill for exporting CV19. This is where we could do with a strong UN which would direct the financial institutions to stop the money flow into China. This, of course, won't happen ... but would if, apart from my role as UK Benevolent Dictator, I was also made World Benevolent Dictator. My benevolence to the world would know no bounds. (... all in good fun, FFS).

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... send China the bill for exporting CV19. This is where we could do with a strong UN which would direct the financial institutions to stop the money flow into China. This, of course, won't happen ... but would if, apart from my role as UK Benevolent Dictator, I was also made World Benevolent Dictator. My benevolence to the world would know no bounds. (... all in good fun, FFS).
    If you stopped the money flow into China you'd probably kneecap the USA at a stroke as there'd be nobody to buy US treasury bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    If you stopped the money flow into China you'd probably kneecap the USA at a stroke as there'd be nobody to buy US treasury bonds.
    Yay! Win/win!

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    I've got no problem with China as a people or nation and I don't buy the conspiracy theories around the start of Coronavirus.

Unfortunately, the first reaction of a Government like China's is to hide or deny a problem, as they did when the "whistleblower" doctor raised the alarm. It's an instinctive reaction of what is still a fairly secretive state which guards its reputation closely, but in this case if they had confronted and been open about the problem earlier, rather than going into temporary denial, it might have been better contained, though that's by no means certain.

On the flipside, once they did admit they had a problem, China was able to act with the kind of authority Western Governments can only dream of, not just in terms of building infrastructure urgently, but also (I assume, because I didn't see it) controlling the messaging through the media far more tightly than is possible in western countries, and being sure that their people would follow the instructions they were given. I'm not saying that's a good thing under normal circumstances, because it isn't, but in an emergency situation it doesn't necessarily help to have too many voices issuing or contradicting advice or fermenting panic.

Mines sod em. Make all the big companies decide where they want to be. Boycott them if they stay. Bring production back to Europe or the US. Why should the rest of us suffer & we will because of this. Get the economies booming over here rather than there once its cleared up. China will be booming after this if not whilst we pick up the pieces
    I'll get banned if I post my response!

Bird flu, SARS and now this one. All starting in China, makes you think.

So its all China’s fault - perhaps we should declare war on them !

... so if it's not the fault of someone in China, perhaps you'll be kind enough to tell us who is ...
    Life is a permanent economic war. We do ok compared to many countries.
    On a different tack, those who hold Macron as a super statesman, because of his sombre speech to their nation, make me laugh. He's the one with the biggest ego in Europe. France has big problems which he can't control/sort and he used the occasion to look big. (probably has a small c...k).

Bit of an over reaction or what?
    After all most of the killer diseases that have ravaged the third world countries on the planet since the middle ages eminated from the west in fact most started here!! Now we want to extract revenge on someone else for this current flu bug
    Secondly, if and it is an enormous if we tried to relocate all industrial factory production back to the west and away from China it would take billions and billions of investment, money the west hasnt got and the would require milions people for the labour force which we havent got and finally those labourers would have to want to work for pennies otherwise we will all have to pay 5,10,20 times more for these finished products currently manufactured in china where workers earn approximately 5% our average wage.
    Lets just get on with solving this global problem together instead of starting the blame game

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast