+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the knock on effect to our owners

What's the knock on effect to our owners

Don't know if this has been mentioned but I wonder how badly the coronavirus is hitting Football Radar. They obviously are not a huge business and with their main source of income being football betting I imagine this is an absolute nightmare with football worldwide shutting down. Fingers crossed everything is ok for them personally and their employees and selfishly Notts too.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Don't know if this has been mentioned but I wonder how badly the coronavirus is hitting Football Radar. They obviously are not a huge business and with their main source of income being football betting I imagine this is an absolute nightmare with football worldwide shutting down. Fingers crossed everything is ok for them personally and their employees and selfishly Notts too.
    I don't think there are many companies around the world who will get through this without too much worries.
    If companies like Virgin and BA, along with Paddy Power are worried enough to look at redundancies then I think most companies will be the same.

If there is any good side to this is that all other clubs will be in the same boat. The Premier League, despite having money bags owners in the majority have a bigger fall with the wages they will be playing with no income!

We need to hope they have money to keep us going but lots of clubs are going to struggle.

Some high profile ones could too as they will rely on huge tv money.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    This thought went through my head this morning and it is worrying. They seem the sensible types who would probably put aside contingency funds for most eventualities, but how much can a relatively young, growing business have in reserve?

Let's hope that both their business and the football club come through this, because the Reedtz brothers been absolutely first class since they walked through the door and they don't deserve to hit the buffers.

If need be I would happily buy my next season ticket early as a show of support for the owners and to provide the club with some covering liquidity. I hope a fair number of others would do the same?

I’m up for that

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

If need be I would happily buy my next season ticket early as a show of support for the owners and to provide the club with some covering liquidity. I hope a fair number of others would do the same?
    Because of working Saturdays I haven’t bought a season ticket for years, but I think that’s a great idea.

Buying gift vouchers from your favourite pub or restaurant is also a decent shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Braddpie View Post
    I’m up for that
    Me too.

if they needed to have a whip round every week until normality is resumed I wouldn't begrudge chipping in a tenner week In week out .

Tranmere fans were going to buy their tickets last Saturday,(club shop was to open all day) for the next season,whenever that will be

Not sure Football Radar could sustain themselves and Notts. Will no doubt take a massive hit now with no football on. Last time I looked I think they had about £1m in cash based on accounts from 2018. I think UTM mentioned their father has a few quid though so that might be useful?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast