+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Self-Isolating

O/T:- Self-Isolating

I saw my doctor on Friday on another matter but because of my age and health problems he advised me to self-isolate ASAP. I decided I'd chance the Eastleigh game and then start my isolation. (The things I do for Notts!)

I'm in the fortunate position of being able to carry on my business from home thanks to modern technology and remote access. It will be no great hardship, in fact I'll save on a monthly fuel bill of around £250.

So, I've started my self-isolation today. Has anyone else started yet or are you all waiting for Boris to give the nod?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-03-2020 at 07:04 PM.

I've got asthma and I can just imagine what my employers will say when I tell them I've got to self isolate for a few months cos that's what the government says to do, who's going to pay my wages and the bills #talkouttheirarses

Not Me, but my brother is back from Italy so has self-isolated. He's done about 5 days now.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I've got asthma and I can just imagine what my employers will say when I tell them I've got to self isolate for a few months cos that's what the government says to do, who's going to pay my wages and the bills #talkouttheirarses
    I was aiming my question at the over 70's, who are going to have to self-isolate in the coming weeks.

I've had asthma for over 40 years and COPD for the last 10, so I can sympathise with your plight.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I saw my doctor on Friday on another matter but because of my age and health problems he advised me to self-isolate ASAP. I decided I'd chance the Eastleigh game and then start my isolation. (The things I do for Notts!)

I'm in the fortunate position of being able to carry on my business from home thanks to modern technology and remote access. It will be no great hardship, in fact I'll save on a monthly fuel bill of around £250.

So, I've started my self-isolation today. Has anyone else started yet or are you all waiting for Boris to give the nod?
    I have also been advised by my doctor to self isolate. I'm only 40, but have a week immune system. My only problem is that I can't really 'self' isolate. I live with my wife and our two school age children. I can and will be working from home but my kids still have to go to school and my wife also works in a school. This means I'm sat at home but still feel really vulnerable. I really wish the schools would be closed so that I can keep safe. I haven't attended either of that last 2 games and have not left the house since returning from work on Friday.

Self Isolate for how long?

In my opinion all this Covid 19 is nonsense its just flu, which the press and media for there own reasons have massively inflated and over dramatised

Why don,t we all just get on with it, no matter what the virus can not be stopped

Its one thing for people to self isolate for a week or 2- but for how long, 1 month, 2 months a year?

Life has to go on, most of us average joes have to go to work to earn a living, society cant just stop for months

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I was aiming my question at the over 70's, who are going to have to self-isolate in the coming weeks.

I've had asthma for over 40 years and COPD for the last 10, so I can sympathise with your plight.
    A perfectly sensible thing to do in your position in line with GP/national advice. The risk of infection to you is obviously greater than others but hopefully you'll be fine and you won't miss any matches!

I've just watched an American "public-health scientist, biosecurity and infectious-disease expert" claim that hand washing isn't going to do much to protect you from catching it. He said that people like to feel as though they are able to do 'something', so that's what the hand washing advice is all about, but it's in the air, you breathe it in and the only thing that's going to be effective are those gas mask type things you see in the doomsday/post apocalypse movies. So if he is to be believed, the only effective thing you can do is keep out of tje way as best you can and stay as healthy as possible so you're in the best shape to fight it should you catch it.
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 15-03-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Self Isolate for how long?

In my opinion all this Covid 19 is nonsense its just flu, which the press and media for there own reasons have massively inflated and over dramatised
    It really isn't 'just flu' according to scientific/medical consensus..

This briefly but succinctly explains the differences and, of course, some similarities...

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-new...hing-in-common

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    And who's going to do your job that they obviously need you to do unless you can work from home?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast