+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kion etete

Kion etete

Remember him ? scored twice tonight for Northampton at Coventry in the league cup

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    Remember him ? scored twice tonight for Northampton at Coventry in the league cup
    Just beat me too it...

I noticed a Harbottle in the F-word team tonight, not related to the mighty Mark is he?

Good stuff, you’d imagine we’ve a vested interest (financially) in him doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    I saw him play in a few reserve / development team games as a gangly youth (I'm not allowed to say t e e nager) . He showed definite promise without looking ready to make the step up to the first team. Good to see him doing well, but he can't be classed as 'one who got away'. We didn't release him, he just got a better offer from a greed league club.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I saw him play in a few reserve / development team games as a gangly youth (I'm not allowed to say t e e nager) . He showed definite promise without looking ready to make the step up to the first team. Good to see him doing well, but he can't be classed as 'one who got away'. We didn't release him, he just got a better offer from a greed league club.
    Did we get quite a transfer fee for him from Spurs?

He’s only 19, so now is definitely the right time to be getting game time in men’s football rather than U-23s. Be interesting to see how he progresses this season - shame it’ll be with Northampton and not us.

And talking of former players, Christian Oxlade-Chamberlain has just signed for Aldershot. He’s still only 23.
    Last edited by nw6pie; 11-08-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Did we get quite a transfer fee for him from Spurs?
    I could be wrong, but I think we got a basic fee under the 'Premiership clubs can sign young talent from lower league clubs for a pittance' rule.

As jacob says, hopefully we put a few clauses into the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think we got a basic fee under the 'Premiership clubs can sign young talent from lower league clubs for a pittance' rule.

As jacob says, hopefully we put a few clauses into the deal.
    It was reportedly in the region of £200k plus potential sell on clauses. According to the last club accounts we had potential sell on clauses totalling a significant amount (budgeted and reported in the accounts as possibly £800k if memory serves me right) in total from all players we've moved on in recent times. Presumably that includes the likes of Dongda He, Jack Bearne & Kion Etete.

ETA image:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  11.8 KB
    Judging by the difference from 2019 to 2020 I'd guess the lion's share of that 'potential' income is likely to be based on KE.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-08-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    I noticed a Harbottle in the F-word team tonight, not related to the mighty Mark is he?
    He is indeed. Son of Dave and nephew of Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    He is indeed. Son of Dave and nephew of Mark.
    OK.Thanks for that ,Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast