+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T 2020 Cricket season

Apologies to anybody who is looking at this thread to find out about the 2020 cricket season. It has been hijacked by some barmy troll who doesn't like cricket
    Last edited by mikemiller; 18-03-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Golf courses still open gm_gm so Roly is going to play 18 with you to talk politics and settle your differences.
    As long as he dunt wrap the golf club round my neck or stick it where the sun dont shine!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Golf courses still open gm_gm so Roly is going to play 18 with you to talk politics and settle your differences.
    I think even after 72 holes Roly would be blaming Thatcher for his driving and Boris for his duffed chips, and if I won a pint on nearest the pin Roly would accuse me of profiteering. If Roly won nearest the pin I would say “well done” bought him his pint.

Having differences in opinion is healthy CAM I couldn’t change the brothers Grims view and they couldn’t change mine, it’s the hate that will destroy them from the inside

Chuffin hell no wonder I missed that easy tap in on that crazy golf course in Bournemouth in 1979. Tha reight gm

Hey Mike, do you remember ages ago lol, when this was a nice little decent thread about the upcoming cricket season ?.
    And the possibilities of it happening or not, etc. And as you know, Im a Yorkie fan as well and I always enjoy chatting about YCCC on here.
    Last edited by Acido; 19-03-2020 at 11:43 PM.

ECB is meeting again today to try and sort out a new fixture schedule. Might end up cancelling the county championship season - who knows

A County Cricket game is hardly mass gatherings. Three men and his dog could be put in individual stands. Stewards keep their distance and make sure everyone sits well apart.
    It's not ethical to start the season in April but maybe it's one of the spectator sports that could start again before others

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Apologies to anybody who is looking at this thread to find out about the 2020 cricket season. It has been hijacked by some barmy troll who doesn't like cricket
    Still not sure why it was considered disrespectful to make a post that the cricket season will be delayed.

They was no similar complaint with the post the football season was being postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    ECB is meeting again today to try and sort out a new fixture schedule. Might end up cancelling the county championship season - who knows
    Yes Mike they are meeting today. The ECB has postponed the start of the recreational cricket season and Pro cricket will go the same way. The first few rounds of championship games is April and May so likely to go. Cant see how they reschedule that back into season with the Hundred taking such a key position in July Aug.

The ECB and Counties will be in serious financial trouble if tv companies with-hold rights payments.

County cricket could be rescheduled so that there is just one match vs other teams in YCcc,s division.
    So for example it's just Somerset at home rather than home and away

Not great but at least it's something and every county will know what they need to do before the first ball is bowled

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast