+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 107 of 366 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    So a Conservative win in Hartlepool. I am sure there will be an enquiry within Labour, but some reasons may be:

Where did the votes that last time went to the Brexit Party go? Probably virtually all to the Conservatives.

As was said on TV, Starmer isn't the problem, people still don't trust the Labour Party.

The roll out of the vaccines has really helped the Conservatives. People don't seem to care about the PMs 'sleaze' accusations.

Early days for Starmer - sounds a bit like a head coach I know!
    Starmer is fairly dull and doesn’t really appear to stand for much, but there’s clearly much more to it than just him.

Ultimately I don’t really know why anyone would be surprised that the Tories are continuing to hoover up votes. Economically, they’re pretty much on the left at the minute. At least apart from the taxes bit, where they’re keeping their existing supporters sweet. Problem they’ve got is that this is essentially completely unsustainable, and at some point they’ll need to do something with their economic policy that isn’t trying to please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I think Brexit may well have change voting patterns for a long time to come. Always a good idea to field an ardent remainer as your candidate in a seat that voted 2-1 to leave though.
    I agree. Those who voted for Brexit Party wouldn't want to transfer their vote to a non-Brexit supporting party, and as you say, not to an ardent remainer.

BJ should be thanking Nigel Farage, arise Sir Nigel!

I think Brexit may well have change voting patterns for a long time to come. Always a good idea to field an ardent remainer as your candidate in a seat that voted 2-1 to leave though.
    It’s completely flipped voting patterns (not just Brexit but cultural stuff more generally), Labour has just been much slower to work out what to do about it. The Tories have realised it and changed their offer to be more left wing economically than they ordinarily would be, and the result is easy wins in places like Hartlepool.

Labour needs to realise that the ‘Red Wall’ is basically gone and stop focusing all its efforts into winning back places like Hartlepool. Just as all of those places were vulnerable to the Tories, there are loads of seats currently Conservative which have been trending towards Labour over the last few years. Usually younger places, suburban seats, large towns. Once Labour works out what it’s offer to places like that is (Altrincham, Wimbledon, Broxtowe - that kind of place) then you’ll have your realignment complete.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I agree. Those who voted for Brexit Party wouldn't want to transfer their vote to a non-Brexit supporting party, and as you say, not to an ardent remainer.

BJ should be thanking Nigel Farage, arise Sir Nigel!
    Maybe Boris could pay to decorate his house for him.
    No more John Lewis tatt for mr farage..!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Maybe Boris could pay to decorate his house for him.
    No more John Lewis tatt for mr farage..!
    Name:  E0xFyYyXIAI4_x0.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  79.0 KB

Ha ha ha, Momentum gets another spanking.....I wonder why?
    Name:  E0xMw62XoAMsd4L.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  64.9 KB

The Labour Party’s campaign was based solely upon John Lewis and wallpaper. They had no programme to promote to the country, and have/had no policies to hang their campaign upon. Unless there are radical improvements in their manifesto, and promote M.P.‘S who have a track record, Labour will be overtaken by the Greens and become a minor player in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    The Labour Party’s campaign was based solely upon John Lewis and wallpaper. They had no programme to promote to the country, and have/had no policies to hang their campaign upon. Unless there are radical improvements in their manifesto, and promote M.P.‘S who have a track record, Labour will be overtaken by the Greens and become a minor player in politics.

Actually I have some sympathy with Sir Keir, last week it was wallpaper, this week it could well be curtains.

Actually I have some sympathy with Sir Keir, last week it was wallpaper, this week it could well be curtains.
    Curtain death for Keir?

Page 107 of 366 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast