+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 110 of 366 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Once we have completely 'opened up' the Country, post Covid. I can see a boom like none that has gone before, happening. Certainly everyone and his dog are predicting one, we wait too see.
    You can come to my promotion/end of restrictions party gump. utm can as well...... but it'll be plastic cups only and I'll be draining the pool.

If England win the Euro's - which has never looked as likely as this summer - the feel good factor will last into the next election regardless of what happens with Covid. Not everybody is a football fan, of course, but it would be a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I watch PMQs each week and I must have missed Sir Kier rinsing Mr Johnson.

It appears he totally misjudged the mood of the country and so it seems did you!
    We obviously weren't watching the same game, Forward. My opinion that Starmer hammered Bozzer on a regular basis was shared by the Beeb and a good deal of the right wing press media.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    We obviously weren't watching the same game, Forward. My opinion that Starmer hammered Bozzer on a regular basis was shared by the Beeb and a good deal of the right wing press media.
    He did but Boris seems to lose the battles but always wins the war.
    During Brexit he lost loads of votes in parliament but when it comes to the main votes he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Definitely watching viewing it differently Sid but quoting the BBC makes you case!!

You didn’t however comment if Mr Starmer and yourself misjudged the mood of the country.

Definitely watching viewing it differently Sid but quoting the BBC makes you case!!

You didn’t however comment if Mr Starmer and yourself misjudged the mood of the country.
    Starmer didn't misjudged the mood of the Country, he just had nothing to say and if you leave aside his criticism of Boris and the Tories, well, that's about what you would expect. Also, if you listen to the number crunchers, Labour actually didn't do that badly. This set of results puts them @ the 7% mark behind the Tories while at the last election they were a whopping 14% behind. So some progress, even if it is cold comfort.

Well pointed out gump, looking at the bigger picture is rare these days.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Starmer didn't misjudged the mood of the Country, he just had nothing to say and if you leave aside his criticism of Boris and the Tories, well, that's about what you would expect. Also, if you listen to the number crunchers, Labour actually didn't do that badly. This set of results puts them @ the 7% mark behind the Tories while at the last election they were a whopping 14% behind. So some progress, even if it is cold comfort.
    True excellent progress was made in Hartlepool and only losing 207 local councillors to date against the incumbent government must be seen as the green shoots of progress.

The tory majority was 80 seats at the last election, media conclusion - End of the Labour party ,no way back from such a hiding . 2001 election, Blair's majority 167.....

True excellent progress was made in Hartlepool and only losing 207 local councillors to date against the incumbent government must be seen as the green shoots of progress.

Is the 'cold comfort ' I mentioned. A 7 % lead is easily enough to take Pool, (which was tight at the last Election) and win over a lot of council seats and take some councils out of N.O.C. Still progress tho! Wonder what Starmer's views are on Scottish Independence as that could massively impact his chances of ever becoming PM and possibly prevent the Labour Party from being in power for many years to come? Unless they find another Tony Blair, that is.

Page 110 of 366 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast