+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 139 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3648

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I agree with your first line and part of the last, but not the middle two.

Line 2 - The club owners are only doing what they are allowed to do. They are not breaking any of the rules. After going so long with no income, I wouldn't blame them at all for trying to make up for lost time if it's within the rules.

Line 3 - You say "some of those attending are irresponsible by going to a place which is clearly unsafe". Some of them? So which ones are irresponsible and which ones aren't? If the place is clearly unsafe, why was it allowed to open in the way it did?
    I agree that they are not breaking any rules. That isn't the issue. Back to the driving example. You are driving down the motorway and it is thick fog. Continue at 70 and you aren't breaking any laws. Is that responsible driving?

Clearly unsafe - A shop could be filled with shoppers. Obviously a very real risk of transmission of Covid. They wouldn't be breaking any rules, but would be clearly unsafe.

Line 3 - if you turn up at a packed nightclub with a huge queue outside, I am not sure that it's a good idea to continue filling it until it is rammed.

Govt guidance is now clearly freedom, but with caution urged. Taking personal responsibility means sometimes not doing something even though you can, not just keeping within the rules.

The most irresponsible though is BJ. Time after time being too late in taking action, giving mixed messages, u-turns, awful comments and not showing any remorse. Now playing for time with an enquiry - what's the likelihood he will be looking for an election first.

Today was the 60th anniversary of PMQs. He simply has to go down in my book as the worst PM ever as far as PMQs is concerned. Done today from Chequers - why did he keep looking round? Just maybe there was someone else in the room? Mrs Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I agree that they are not breaking any rules. That isn't the issue. Back to the driving example. You are driving down the motorway and it is thick fog. Continue at 70 and you aren't breaking any laws. Is that responsible driving?

Clearly unsafe - A shop could be filled with shoppers. Obviously a very real risk of transmission of Covid. They wouldn't be breaking any rules, but would be clearly unsafe.

Line 3 - if you turn up at a packed nightclub with a huge queue outside, I am not sure that it's a good idea to continue filling it until it is rammed.

Govt guidance is now clearly freedom, but with caution urged. Taking personal responsibility means sometimes not doing something even though you can, not just keeping within the rules.

The most irresponsible though is BJ. Time after time being too late in taking action, giving mixed messages, u-turns, awful comments and not showing any remorse. Now playing for time with an enquiry - what's the likelihood he will be looking for an election first.

Today was the 60th anniversary of PMQs. He simply has to go down in my book as the worst PM ever as far as PMQs is concerned. Done today from Chequers - why did he keep looking round? Just maybe there was someone else in the room? Mrs Johnson?
    I like your post MM

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I like your post MM
    Bloody Hell!!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...d=winp1taskbar

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Ha ha.

There's always a first time, although your post pretty much confirms why I've hardly posted for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

Also remember not to ‘cower’ from the virus whilst continuing with caution in your freedom.

Let’s face it, the public health message has been completely lost either through gross incompetence or design.

Somebody asked "Anyone know what the Conservatives now stand for? Anyone..."

Somebody replied "The Chinese National Anthem."

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Also remember not to ‘cower’ from the virus whilst continuing with caution in your freedom.

Let’s face it, the public health message has been completely lost either through gross incompetence or design.
    Through a mixture of gross incompetence and populist knee-jerk reaction it seems to me.

Regardless of how you view the handling of the virus, by the Tories, I am willing to bet that Labour would have done worse. Health wise or financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Regardless of how you view the handling of the virus, by the Tories, I am willing to bet that Labour would have done worse. Health wise or financially.
    And which imaginary bookmaker will be providing the time machine for that imaginary bet?

Hmmm, a cabal who were shocked they even had to care for people and do anything other than run things for corporations? Or the party who founded the NHS and do see the population's welfare as their remit?

You seem good at time travel, can you ask the tens and tens of thousands who died unnecessarily what they think?

Page 139 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast