+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 166 of 366 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    So, just to reiterate what I’ve already said in earlier posts, I had my third COVID booster jab over two weeks ago and I would recommend people to take theirs.

I also wear a mask on public transport and when moving through busy areas and I would recommend others to do the same. Wear one all the time if you wish.

And I can confirm I will not be going to the pub on New Years Eve, although that’s a moot point because I haven’t been to a NYE party in a pub in 20 years. For the sake of argument though, if I was considering it, I would give it a miss this year.

In other words, I would make the same personal choices I presume some recent posters would, judging by their comments.

The only difference in my position is that I don’t think the Government should legislate to enforce restrictions any greater than it already has at this stage. In fact, I think they should consider relaxing the restrictions on the number of days’ isolation required, as recommended by health officials in America to ease the disruption to services and businesses.

The current situation as reported in a Guardian article tonight is that there is a rising number of hospital admissions, but it is not going up in an exponential way. If that position changes then the Government may have more justification to tighten controls, and there may be greater public consensus that they should so, but for now I think it is right to strongly advise rather than enforce.

This isn’t an extreme opinion, I simply lean one way rather than the other at present on an issue that is dividing public opinion generally. I actually find it quite odd that some of the more left-leaning posters are so ready to cede freedoms and grant more authoritarian powers to a Prime Minister they don’t like or trust, but that's up them!
    I think they have male chickened up the figures.They have found people going in for other reasons ,say a broken ankle and when tested have Covid are then included in the Covid figures admitted to Hospital ! Stupid really surely those being treated for Covid should have a figure all of its very own.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie's Farm View Post
    if you see everything in life through a UK party political lens, perhaps it is odd.
    I actually don't. Last week I found myself agreeing more with Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott than I did with the Conservative PM, which is a bit disconcerting, but it is what it is. If you're looking for posters with a far more myopic or rigid view of life than mine, you won't have to look any further than this thread.

I find it quite heartening how many people are making personal sacrifices to benefit the whole.
    I agree, not just with regard to the Covid response but in other areas of life too.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I think they have male chickened up the figures.They have found people going in for other reasons ,say a broken ankle and when tested have Covid are then included in the Covid figures admitted to Hospital ! Stupid really surely those being treated for Covid should have a figure all of its very own.
    By the same token how many people have been listed as dying of covid rather than dying with covid?

Here are the definitions used for civic hospitalisation data collection:

For all relevant data items: a confirmed COVID-19 patient is any patient admitted to the
    trust who has recently (ie in the last 14 days) tested positive for COVID-19 following a
    polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test.

 Patients who have been diagnosed via X-ray and assessment rather than a positive test
    should be counted as suspected (and not confirmed) COVID-19 patients.

 Report a patient as a confirmed COVID-19 patient in the sitrep for as long as they are being
    treated as a COVID-19 patient – so either they are being treated for COVID-19 caused
    symptoms or the trust is still taking the precautions they would take with a COVID-19
    positive patient.

 A patient who has previously but not recently – (ie not in the last 14 days) had a positive
    COVID-19 test and is admitted for non-COVID-19 related treatment should not be counted
    as a confirmed COVID-19 patient.

I actually don't.
    [proceeds to see everything through UK political lens!]

I agree, not just with regard to the Covid response but in other areas of life too.
    commie

happy new year to all! thanks for the debates and COY[***y]P!

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Here are the definitions used for civic hospitalisation data collection:

For all relevant data items: a confirmed COVID-19 patient is any patient admitted to the
    trust who has recently (ie in the last 14 days) tested positive for COVID-19 following a
    polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test.

 Patients who have been diagnosed via X-ray and assessment rather than a positive test
    should be counted as suspected (and not confirmed) COVID-19 patients.

 Report a patient as a confirmed COVID-19 patient in the sitrep for as long as they are being
    treated as a COVID-19 patient – so either they are being treated for COVID-19 caused
    symptoms or the trust is still taking the precautions they would take with a COVID-19
    positive patient.

 A patient who has previously but not recently – (ie not in the last 14 days) had a positive
    COVID-19 test and is admitted for non-COVID-19 related treatment should not be counted
    as a confirmed COVID-19 patient.
    I think they should report figures of those who have gone to hospital because of Covid, not with Covid.

I realise that Covid deny-ers will use their calculations to argue against the figures, but do people really think they are putting up extra provision across the country - Nightingale hubs - without genuine belief that they may be needed?

commie
    Damn! My cover is blown!

happy new year to all! thanks for the debates and COY[***y]P!
    Yes, Happy New Year to all. Irrespective of politics, we all have a common interest in the success of the Mighty 'Pies, and that's what NCM is about at the end of the day!
    Last edited by jackal2; 31-12-2021 at 12:03 AM.

i think this section would lead to misinformation regards people not actually being treated for Covid , but having Covid

" Report a patient as a confirmed COVID-19 patient in the sitrep for as long as they are being
    positive patient "

i think this section would lead to misinformation regards people not actually being treated for Covid , but having Covid

" Report a patient as a confirmed COVID-19 patient in the sitrep for as long as they are being
    positive patient "
    I tend to agree, although the number in hospital with Covid is important as it shows the effect on the NHS.

Would be best to report:
    Number having to go in hospital because of Covid
    Number in hospital for other reasons who have Covid

I hear people say that numbers are highly inflated but I read that it's 17% who have Covid but that isn't the primary reason they are in hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I tend to agree, although the number in hospital with Covid is important as it shows the effect on the NHS.

Would be best to report:
    Number having to go in hospital because of Covid
    Number in hospital for other reasons who have Covid

I hear people say that numbers are highly inflated but I read that it's 17% who have Covid but that isn't the primary reason they are in hospital.
    It’s also probably the case that NHS Trusts record figures that they themselves need to know in order to manage their resources as efficiently as they can. Those figures are then quoted for other purposes. And if anyone tries to change the categories that are recorded, they get it in the neck from everyone who has an axe to grind.

Page 166 of 366 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast