+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 366 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I don't think that's the issue, it's the lack of clarity, mixed messages, dithering and apparent U-turn on herd immunity - which they/he put down to a "a change in science" when in fact, the WHO had been consistent in what steps needed to be taken all along and other countries have followed, not necessarily quickly enough but no other country thought it would be a good idea to just allow the virus to basically run riot (although Trump might be about to go down that route).
    That's sums it up to a tee, UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    In the past 24 hours I've noticed a distinct difference between the tone and approach of Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell. McDonnell (in the interviews I've seen) has adopted a relatively statesmanlike national unity-type stance and moderated his political comment, while Corbyn has been quite sneering and surly. I don't know if it's an intentional "good cop, bad cop" strategy or just a straight difference in how they believe they should approach the issue, but McDonnell has looked the more accomplished.
    I think Jonathan Ashworth has been brilliant , supportive, but lots of valid questions, and interventions. Corbyn is just a stage prop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    I think Jonathan Ashworth has been brilliant , supportive, but lots of valid questions, and interventions. Corbyn is just a stage prop now.
    Yes, his political 'stock' has definitely risen and McDonnell has struck the right tone, while Corbyn has had a bit of a 'mare.

A smart politician should see a situation like this as an opportunity rather than a threat, especially if they are in opposition, because the Government will ship most if not all the blame that's going while an astute opponent will tread the line between statesmanlike support in the interests of national unity, whilst still throwing in enough subtle barbs to score a point here and there.

Regardless of which Government was in power I think it's better to be dealing with an issue like this just after an election rather than just before, because it means the governing politicians are more likely to follow the expert advice even if it means being unpopular or being seen to change direction (the dreaded U-turn!). If this had been towards the end of a Government's time in office you might see short-term political considerations overriding evolving scientific ones more often, which could be problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Two weeks too late.
    Unfortunately, if you were forced to give a four word summary of the way the government have handled this crisis, I think that would be hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    sadly, Ashworth is another ditherer

I don't know the who's right on this, thought he did come across impressively last night, I don't think being antagonistic to one another is helpful.
    If you want to listen to this podcast it might be helpful for easing anxiety which I'm sure most of us are feeling. https://www.kyle.surf/podcast/206-ho...hems-heartwell

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    What you mean not agreeing with every crackpot, selfish, corrupt idea that you and your like spew ? I'm for that.

I am however positive that Trump is about to condemn a lot of people to death.
    As I said Negative (and personally abusive). I am intrigued by your information on Trump as from all accounts the US isn't suffering as much as many other countries where Trump doesn't have influence.

Would you like to support your comment that 'Trump is about to condemn a lot of people to death' please? I see no evidence that that is the case. The US's contraction and death rates are relatively low compared to other countries and the reports out of the US this morning is that the steps the government has taken is restricting the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    As I said Negative (and personally abusive). I am intrigued by your information on Trump as from all accounts the US isn't suffering as much as many other countries where Trump doesn't have influence.

Would you like to support your comment that 'Trump is about to condemn a lot of people to death' please? I see no evidence that that is the case. The US's contraction and death rates are relatively low compared to other countries and the reports out of the US this morning is that the steps the government has taken is restricting the virus.
    I’ll keep the abuse to calling you a f00kin hypocrite and post this link to answer your request. Not sure whether you’re also a proper troll or a moron. I know which I have my money on.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/sta...833426434?s=21

I don't know how you have got the nerve to still be posting on this topic. From the start you insisted it was no big thing, and all a big overreaction. Events have proved you to be hopelessly, categorically, 100% wrong, but amazingly you still peddle your bullsh!t!

No wonder you admire Trump so much.

In case anyone is in doubt about your 'contribution', here's one of your earlier gems:

Over-reaction. It’s the flu - end of story. The countries that are enforcing draconian measures are currently having internal issues and the States of Emergencies that are being drawn up, are being used to suppress dissent.

It reminds me of the hysteria over WMD.

... what Snobhead 1 really means is you can't say what you like if you upset me, especially, and my clique of acolytes ...

Page 17 of 366 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast