+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 172 of 365 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3648

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Another day, another party, another apology.

Can't think we will ever get that report as there seems to be more to investigate every day.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Can't think we will ever get that report as there seems to be more to investigate every day.
    I think 'reports' have been well and truly rumbled. I think the whole country knows they're just a way for the powerful to delay and avoid consequences...
    ...but yet another way to undermine the entire state too, clear the way for rule by corporations - Govt inept at everything apart from facilitating for Corps and cracking down on protestors!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Another day, another party, another apology.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-60001927

... greetings Snobhead 1 ... see you're still pontificating from upon high. Re the cesspit, it's our friend Dominic Cummings to whom you should be grateful for commenting upon the buffoons who (don't) run the UK. To get anything done you have to be a Machiavellian to work in and around No.10 such is the ineptitude purporting to operate as a government. His Barnard Castle misdemeanor is as nothing compared to what goes on. It appears that many peoples view of DC is gleaned from media comment. Remember also that it is the media who have opened the right hand (Conservative) desk drawer to release the out-dated party information they have stock-piled. Can you really believe that the left hand drawer is empty? Just wait until we approach the next election. I suppose many remember (or choose to forget) that most (me included) of the UK was basking in May sunshine as if there was no Covid - so hypocrites all. All these shenanigans simply confirm what we all know - the Conservatives tend to fall because of *** and debauchery; Labour on the politics of greed and envy (well, Barry-the slime ball-Gardiner has made a good start).
    So yes, it's a cesspit. Only a revolution will oust this Establishment; notice that they, usually through the corrupt media, try to knife DC at every opportunity ... he knows the scandalous truth. If I were him I think I might be a little worried about having an unfortunate accident.

As an aside, many years ago, I visited 10 and 11 Downing Street when Ken Clarke was Chancellor. I should have admitted the truth then - as he shuffled towards our group, suede shoe lace undone, they don't give damn.

... * * * ... s e x
    (Can you catch your breath!)

Operation Save Big Dog sounds like a rejected name for one of Chesterfield's fundraisers or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... greetings Snobhead 1 ... see you're still pontificating from upon high. Re the cesspit, it's our friend Dominic Cummings to whom you should be grateful for commenting upon the buffoons who (don't) run the UK. To get anything done you have to be a Machiavellian to work in and around No.10 such is the ineptitude purporting to operate as a government. His Barnard Castle misdemeanor is as nothing compared to what goes on. It appears that many peoples view of DC is gleaned from media comment. Remember also that it is the media who have opened the right hand (Conservative) desk drawer to release the out-dated party information they have stock-piled. Can you really believe that the left hand drawer is empty? Just wait until we approach the next election. I suppose many remember (or choose to forget) that most (me included) of the UK was basking in May sunshine as if there was no Covid - so hypocrites all. All these shenanigans simply confirm what we all know - the Conservatives tend to fall because of *** and debauchery; Labour on the politics of greed and envy (well, Barry-the slime ball-Gardiner has made a good start).
    So yes, it's a cesspit. Only a revolution will oust this Establishment; notice that they, usually through the corrupt media, try to knife DC at every opportunity ... he knows the scandalous truth. If I were him I think I might be a little worried about having an unfortunate accident.

As an aside, many years ago, I visited 10 and 11 Downing Street when Ken Clarke was Chancellor. I should have admitted the truth then - as he shuffled towards our group, suede shoe lace undone, they don't give damn.
    Dominic Cummings has been a revelation for me in the 'gamekeeper turned poacher' or 'poacher turned gamekeeper' analogy, although I'm not sure which way round. He's probably more of a liar turned truth teller, much to the cost of Boris and his cronies. I see some of them are still trying to defend him, to his face at least. If they think Boris will ever manage to regain the trust of the electorate, they must also believe that Lord Lucan will ride Shergar to victory in the Grand National.

The longer Bozo holds out, the better it is for Labour as he infuriates the electorate more and more. But then you have the thorny question of who next? I can't believe the Tories would ever vote in a Hindu as the leader of their PARTY, but the alternative looks like being Truss. Now would you vote for her?

Boris really should have realised before getting rid of Dominic Cummings that the guy who played as big a role as anybody in getting him into No.10 was likely to be equally effective in getting him out. The most likeable of guys he is not, but Cummings is definitely someone you want on the inside of the tent p*ssing out, rather than outside the tent p*ssing in.
    Last edited by jackal2; 15-01-2022 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Boris really should have realised before getting rid of Dominic Cummings that the guy who played as big a role as anybody in getting him into No.10 was likely to be equally effective in getting him out. The most likeable of guys he is not, but Cummings is definitely someone you want on the inside of the tent p*ssing out, rather than outside the tent p*ssing in.
    True. Cummings is a nasty piece of work, but he's clever and effective. Boris should have quietly but handsomely paid him off and kept him on side after the Barnard Castle fiasco. Instead, he's found out that 'Hell hath no fury like a Cummings scorned'.

Page 172 of 365 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast