+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 176 of 366 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    According to the ONS as of yesterday only 17,500 have died FROM covid in the UK since the start, with a big portion of those being over 65, maybe this is why Boris was not afraid to have his parties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rBFVi29HWI
    Fake news! - Check your facts and look at the ONS website before spreading such sh1t!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    That is interesting, but to evaluate it properly it would be helpful to know what they mean by having only Covid, and to make the comparison equally, how many people die in a bad flu season from flu only.

The year-on-year excess death statistics were quite useful for this, but I haven't come across any for a while now.
    I have not gone into the figures in detail because I can't be bothered with trying to debunk attempted conspiracy theories. Some quick searching brings up:

https://www.who.int/data/stories/the...cess-mortality

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...deaths-tracker

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...019to2020final

If you've got time you'll know doubt be able to dig deeper.

A few points:

Excess deaths will be skewed by actions taken by individual countries. Those that have taken draconian actions such as Australia will not only have a smaller impact due to covid but by limiting activity will have reduced deaths from many causes whether other transmissible diseases, road accidents, or being eaten by sharks.

Excess death and Covid reporting in countries which do not have an infrastructure will be sketchy at best but certainly look unhealthy.

The headline UK figures are predominantly concerned with the load on the NHS. Our whole policy has been dictated about the NHS's ability to cope.

A true excess deaths figure would have be available if:

1) No-one took any special action over Covid
    2) Vaccines hadn't been rolled out
    3) Lockdowns and restrictions hadn't been put in place

We then would have had scenes as we saw in Italy in the early stages with people dying in queues trying to get into hospitals which in any event were ill-equipped.

As it is now most first world countries have a good percentage of the population vaccinated, intensive care ventilators available, much knowledge on other effective treatments as well as would appear a level of herd immunity growing. That some individuals have been able to escape the worst ravages of this disease is lucky for them. For those of you who would be content to say "well he was over 60" you could have faced an empty Pavis and I say go fluck yourself and hope a red-back bites your bum.

Great news no more nappies, and no to passport mandates, now let's hope the thousand's of NHS staff that had no jabs get to keep there jobs.

Great news no more nappies, and no to passport mandates, now let's hope the thousand's of NHS staff that had no jabs get to keep there jobs.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Why?
    Sorry sid i can't hear you, have you still got your muzzle on?

It seems that we are able to live with a peak daily figure of 2000 hospitalisations 250 deaths.

Only 3.5 million people (~ 6 in every hundred) tested positive last week. So good news if you're not that worried about catching it.

I bet the family of https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60050996 are encouraged and for those that can't be bothered: "A folk singer from the Czech Republic has died after deliberately catching Covid, her son has told the BBC. "

If I catch Covid from one of the thousands who refuse jabs I'll sue the NHS in the same way that I would if I contracted Hepatitis or some other preventable transmissible disease whilst in their care. Fortunately I do not have to take many of the NHS workers' example in maintaining a healthy diet.

Great news no more nappies
    Why have you been wearing a nappy all this time? Did someone tell you to on youtube whilst you were doing your own research?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Why have you been wearing a nappy all this time? Did someone tell you to on youtube whilst you were doing your own research?
    No never worn one, only for hospital and doctors surgery, but if that's what gets you off carry on by all means.

Operation Save Big Dog in full swing.

Masks not mandatory but we suggest you wear them in crowded places and when with people you don't know.

This PM knows no bounds.

I like the JR podcast while at work, has some very interesting and diverse guests, recently Oliver Stone, Dr Robert Malone and today I listened to the one with Josh Szeps talking Australia's mental lockdowns and restrictions in some states.

Page 176 of 366 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast