+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 219 of 365 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3648

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    They have managed to try and make me feel bad about being a white man in the country of my birth. Until they change they will sadly never get my vote.
    We got there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    We got there in the end.
    As Tory voters lives get progressively worse over the next few years is that all they have to bank? Some culture war nonsense and a racist nod and a wink that is having no discernible affect on their day to day whilst the government transfer this country’s capital to their rich mates leaving the rest of us to rot.

Embarrassingly fragile 1959 - I feel certain you are better than this.

You are on dodgy ground there BFP

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    EP, I do admire bits of BJ, initially I found it refreshing to see a politician so keen to do things out out of his comfort zone, (zip wire, charity football, rugby game where he flattened the kid lol). Most politicians make you squirm with their PR photo opportunities, but BJ comes across as human.
    He is delivering on Brexit, albeit slowly and in unprecedented times. Brexit was never going to be the sunlit uplands, or the disaster that project fear would have you believe, as the close referendum result hinted.
    I don't agree with his/Carrie's green agenda,
    Initially his reaction to Covid was to go with the herd immunity route ala Sweden, which was the right way in my opinion, but was obviously persuaded to follow the dodgy science guy Neil Ferguson, so was more than likely going against his instincts to enforce the lockdown. Which has since been proved to have caused much of the mess we are now in.
    He has also shown great support for the Ukraine, which you could see how appreciated that was in his meetings with Zelensky.
    Directly, apart from keeping Brexit evolving, I am not sure what he has done for me, but like I say we have been in stormy seas, not of his making.
    Like I have said in earlier posts, I should be a Labour voter, but their policies have made this impossible.
    I try to love my country, Labour not so much.
    Thank you for the detailed answer, but there are a few bits I can't agree with:

"He is delivering on Brexit" - yep, thanks for the empty shelves and higher prices Boris, you are certainly delivering! It's really frustrating for me that we will never know the true effect of Brexit, because any downside will be blamed on Covid / Putin. Still, at least the gammons will be happy that we can get a blue coloured passport.

"I don't agree with his/Carrie's green agenda" - One thing I do agree with. My life will be lived on this planet, but I still want us to do all we can so future generations can do the same.

"His reaction to Covid" - his reaction to Covid in a word? Shambolic. So many bad decisions and U-turns which meant many lives were ended before they needed to be. Unforgiveable.

"He has also shown great support for the Ukraine" - of course he has, the other option was to support Putin FFS!

"I try to love my country, Labour not so much" - I love what my country used to be. For centuries, Great Britain has been seen as a paragon of decency, honesty, fairness, kindness and compassion. One man is slowly but surely trashing that reputation.

"He is delivering on Brexit"
    Johnson lied to the DUP about the Protocol he signed up to, and they stupidly believed him. He’s now claiming that the deal he made, and said was “oven ready” and meant that Brexit was “done”, is a bad deal, and he’s trying to blame the EU for it - his deal - and to break its terms. He’s completely dishonest, and he’s playing with fire in Northern Ireland. If that ends in violence, he should never be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    Johnson lied to the DUP about the Protocol he signed up to, and they stupidly believed him. He’s now claiming that the deal he made, and said was “oven ready” and meant that Brexit was “done”, is a bad deal, and he’s trying to blame the EU for it - his deal - and to break its terms. He’s completely dishonest, and he’s playing with fire in Northern Ireland. If that ends in violence, he should never be forgiven.
    I for one shall never forgive him for the harm he and his cronies have done to my beloved Country

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I for one shall never forgive him for the harm he and his cronies have done to my beloved Country
    Can't agree more with you. A once tolerant, generous country turned into divisive and haters of anything other than ... well I don't know what. Whatever the accepted norm for todays rant by the Eton Boys. Total corruption for their own greed at the exclusion of benefit for others. Press turned into a propaganda machine and the masses lap it up. The few times I return the place is a mess. Nothing works and has become 'grab what you can' at the expense of others. I could never envisage returning to that place.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Can't agree more with you. A once tolerant, generous country turned into divisive and haters of anything other than ... well I don't know what. Whatever the accepted norm for todays rant by the Eton Boys. Total corruption for their own greed at the exclusion of benefit for others. Press turned into a propaganda machine and the masses lap it up. The few times I return the place is a mess. Nothing works and has become 'grab what you can' at the expense of others. I could never envisage returning to that place.
    How do you think your adopted country will do with the obvious divisions that have recently appeared in french politics?

Strangely it's the working class thick ex coal miner types that still seems to love him.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Strangely it's the working class thick ex coal miner types that still seems to love him.
    Perhaps you should tell the next working class ex coal miner, that you run into, how thick he is . You might want to count your teeth, before, and after the encounter.

Page 219 of 365 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast