+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 235 of 365 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3648

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    I don’t want any of them, but at the moment I’m thinking that Sunak might be the least worst option. At least there would be a bit of a delay in the proposed reckless tax cuts and consequent reductions in public expenditure (which they’re all avoiding talking about).
    I take your point there FP1, ‘least worst option’ far better than ‘preferred choice’ - “I’ll beat myself over the head with a big stick”

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It's more than likely that the people who respond on here to political threads don't want a Tory prime minister but what about the silent majority?
    I want a Tory PM because they're the ones voted in at the last election. Also as it stand there's no better alternative in the opposition. I don't want Sunak,he was fined for lockdown parties and gave us the worst budget I have ever seen. Penny Mordaunt is the probably my favourite but the party members will vote for Sunak so my vote along with many others will be lost at the next election.

I must admit it's more a process of élimination as FP says, which ends up a least worst by default. But, I think Tugendhat is probably my preference based on the fact he was a remainer and I still live with forlorn hope someone in government will have the balls to call out Brexit for the sh1t show it most clearly is. It's the hope that kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It's more than likely that the people who respond on here to political threads don't want a Tory prime minister but what about the silent majority?
    Silent “majority”?

67% of the electorate voted in the 2019 election… down from 2017. 47,587,254 in total.

Of that, 13,905,520 voted Conservative…. and you class that as a “majority”?

Little wonder the UK is fragmenting and the Scots and Welsh want out.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I want a Tory PM because they're the ones voted in at the last election. Also as it stand there's no better alternative in the opposition. I don't want Sunak,he was fined for lockdown parties and gave us the worst budget I have ever seen. Penny Mordaunt is the probably my favourite but the party members will vote for Sunak so my vote along with many others will be lost at the next election.
    Mordaunt is favourite among party members, which is why the top two are trying to smear her and will probably gang up to make sure she gets knocked out.

If the final two end up being Truss and Sunak, it will be bye, bye Tories at the next election. I'm more interested to hear what Badenoch and Tugendhat have to say in tonight's debate, as I don't really know a lot about them. Badenoch appears to be the more traditional tory, whilst Tugendhat looks to be more towards the centre.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-07-2022 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Ex_Southwell_Magpie, I am not sure what point the TV debate serves, as the Tory voting general public do not get a say in who is to be the new leader.
    My feeling is that Sunak has already got the job, meaning the Tories will lose the next GE and we will be back in the EU before you can say, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    Mordaunt is favourite among party members, which is why the top two are trying to smear her and will probably gang up to make sure she gets knocked out.

If the final two end up being Truss and Sunak, it will be bye, bye Tories at the next election. I'm more interested to here what Badenoch and Tugendhat have to say in tonight's debate, as I don't really know a lot about them. Badenoch appears to be the more traditional tory, whilst Tugendhat looks to be more towards the centre.
    The membership detest Sunak. Dennis Skinner would stand more chance in a two horse race.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Ex_Southwell_Magpie, I am not sure what point the TV debate serves, as the Tory voting general public do not get a say in who is to be the new leader.
    My feeling is that Sunak has already got the job, meaning the Tories will lose the next GE and we will be back in the EU before you can say, fixed.
    It's a good point you raise and one I was also wondering. What is the point in the debates as their potential to influence the public has no bearing on the outcome?

I also, unfortunately, suspect you're right regarding Sunak. I cannot abide anyone who was part of Boris' inner circle and was happy to peddle the lies and be part of the ongoing circus of the last couple of years.

I've read up more on Tugendhat and see that although being a remainer initially is now against any ideas of joining the single market or rejoining the EU, so I withdraw my previous view from above and replace it with a clear None of the Above.

What makes you think if the Tories lose the next election we'll be back in the EU?

For me Mordaunt is probably the 'least worst'. She was treated appallingly by the 'Party' when working on the Brexit deal under Lord Frost. Had the temerity to suggest his 'oven ready deal' had many flaws and instead of listening to her asked Bojo to sack her. Frost was trying to chuck her under the bus again yesterday but I think he's been sussed. If it's between Mordaunt and Sunak in the members vote she will win easily, so waiting to see what the 'Party' try to do to stop that from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I must admit it's more a process of élimination as FP says, which ends up a least worst by default. But, I think Tugendhat is probably my preference based on the fact he was a remainer and I still live with forlorn hope someone in government will have the balls to call out Brexit for the sh1t show it most clearly is. It's the hope that kills you.
    Tugendhat would be my choice too but it is extremely unlikely to happen, of course.

Page 235 of 365 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast