+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 236 of 366 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3652

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Ex_Southwell_Magpie, I am not sure what point the TV debate serves, as the Tory voting general public do not get a say in who is to be the new leader.
    My feeling is that Sunak has already got the job, meaning the Tories will lose the next GE and we will be back in the EU before you can say, fixed.
    Another Starmer U turn? He already said he wouldn't take us back into the EU after being a massive remainer. For him to then say he's taking us back into the EU after being elected would be lying to the electorate! Although I doubt Starmer will be Labour leader by the next election.

Robertomac, I just feel that is the way things will go. It obviously sits well with the elite and the people are easier to control if under as few umbrellas, i.e. countries as possible.

Maybe it doesn't Magpies1959, but it does give those of us who aren't tied to one particular party a chance to see what the next potential PM can bring to the table. I also seriously doubt we would return to the EU as I don't think they would want us back to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Another Starmer U turn? He already said he wouldn't take us back into the EU after being a massive remainer. For him to then say he's taking us back into the EU after being elected would be lying to the electorate! Although I doubt Starmer will be Labour leader by the next election.
    After the 3 year Tory f u c k u p we have suffered, the best you can do is to target Starmer?
    Cut the guy some slack.
    Bringing back Labour to an electable proposition from the Corbyn crash, bearing in mind that Scotland is lost for the foreseeable, he has at least maintained honesty and dignity.
    Yes, Burnham might do better, but first he needs to be an MP.
    And to echo what someone says above, any of these Tories are tainted by their non-critical association with Bozo, so what do I care which of them wins? I despise the lot but I can't see the party electing a Hindu as its leader even if he did go to Winchester public school.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Robertomac, I just feel that is the way things will go. It obviously sits well with the elite and the people are easier to control if under as few umbrellas, i.e. countries as possible.
    I don't want tot take this off topic, but Brexit has royally screwed my business model which is why I am so keen to see if anyone in power will dare to stick their neck out and suggest a return to the EU in some fashion. Anyone who does, would certainly be my preference, regardless of which party they represent (within reason).

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Silent “majority”?

67% of the electorate voted in the 2019 election… down from 2017. 47,587,254 in total.

Of that, 13,905,520 voted Conservative…. and you class that as a “majority”?

Little wonder the UK is fragmenting and the Scots and Welsh want out.
    irresponsible

Get off your high horse I was responding to Banjo Pies post, he was thinking most people ON HERE didn't want a Tory PM. But the majority on here don't get involved with political posts it had nothing to do with the general public or elections.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    After the 3 year Tory f u c k u p we have suffered, the best you can do is to target Starmer?
    I despise the lot but I can't see the party electing a Hindu as its leader even if he did go to Winchester public school.
    Blimey Sidders, you despise the lot! I'm guessing you don't know them all personally. Are you so prejudiced that you think it must be true if you say it!
    If a Hindu, white woman, black woman, or even a middle-aged white man is best for the job in the modern UK, I think they will win.

Tugendhat is the only one who seems relatively sane, so of course he’s got no chance. He’ll probably do well in the debates though. Mordaunt will most likely win, although she’s proved to be nearly as big a liar as the last bloke. Can a Tory on here explain what they see in Truss, because to me she’s just plain weird, and I wouldn’t trust her to run the proverbial whelk stall. My Uncle Tom really rates Badenoch.

With the hottest two days ever coming up in the UK, I wonder what any of em have to say about climate change?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Tugendhat is the only one who seems relatively sane, so of course he’s got no chance. He’ll probably do well in the debates though. Mordaunt will most likely win, although she’s proved to be nearly as big a liar as the last bloke. Can a Tory on here explain what they see in Truss, because to me she’s just plain weird, and I wouldn’t trust her to run the proverbial whelk stall. My Uncle Tom really rates Badenoch.

With the hottest two days ever coming up in the UK, I wonder what any of em have to say about climate change?
    I wondered when the predictable political parrots would emerge questioning Kemi Badenoch's racial credentials . Maybe you should just concentrate on the ginger growler in future, you've probably got more in common than you realise.

i

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    I wondered when the predictable political parrots would emerge questioning Kemi Badenoch's racial credentials . Maybe you should just concentrate on the ginger growler in future, you've probably got more in common than you realise.

i

Er, ok. Thanks for that.

Page 236 of 366 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast