+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 238 of 365 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3648

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

... whilst contributors are happy to discuss race-related matters on here, it's remarkable that that 'elephant in the room' doesn't get a mention on the televised propaganda. So they're all too scared to mention immigration or it's a fix by the '1922' mafia... for heavens sake don't let the (conservative) public near any sort of power ...

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    In the debate tonight I noticed how all five candidates are trying to distance themselves from Boris Johnson as much as they can. Funny how they were all giving him their full support until they slowly realised he was a dead man walking. Also funny how so many of them over 48 hours suddenly discovered the importance of honesty, integrity and trust once they saw a chance to replace him!

So it seems our next Prime Minister will be someone who knowingly supported a serial liar, or someone who was too f@cking stupid to realise he actually was a serial liar. How did we sink this low?
    A saying I learnt fairly recently is that no conservative/reactionary/right winger argues or says virtually anything in good faith. That’s why the likes of those people we saw last night can stand up and confidently claim they wouldn’t have Johnson in their cabinet literally days after stoutly defending him. You could apply that to every topic they talked about, the economy, climate, Brexit, the NHS, even trans issues. They can’t be honest about their real views on anything of those things because if they did they’d be drummed out either by Tory members or the general public. While it’s all about tax cuts now, it’ll be some bullsh!t about 40 new hospitals at the election.

The next PM will disavow everything the previous guy did, because at the end of the day they don’t really believe in anything except their own self interest.

Royal Mail workers have voted to strike. While this might only be for the odd day or two now and again, it will probably lead to significant delays in the postal system.

The Tory leadership election is a postal vote......

The truth about the Tories 'Levelling Up' policy:

A clip has emerged of ex-Chancellor Rishi Sunak saying he diverted public money from "deprived urban areas". In a video leaked to the New Statesman, the Tory leadership candidate tells an audience in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, he wanted to ensure "areas like this" got the funding they deserved. Sunak said "We inherited a bunch of formulas from Labour that shoved all the funding into deprived urban areas and that needed to be undone. I started the work of undoing that." The Tunbridge Wells electorate are wealthier than the UK average.

I wonder which party that wealthy electorate generally vote for?

That sort of comment from Sunak does make me wonder what planet he lives on or wants to live on. I would like to think there is not a person in this country that is eligible to vote, could support that comment.
    Some areas are always going to be more wealthy than others, in a perfect world not excessively so, but to openly admit to doing something that would make deprived areas even poorer, whilst making affluent areas moreso is just evil.

The fight for the tory leadership is now a done deal! - the tory members know that the electorate would never vote for Sunak in the next general Election

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The truth about the Tories 'Levelling Up' policy:
    No surprise at all.
    Tories saying 'levelling up' to the poor to fool them into voting for them, while actually 'dividing more' to make their rich friends even richer. Do they ever do anything else but look after their own?

I have listened to Sunaks speech several times and it just leaves me gobsmacked every time - if he didn’t realise what he was actually saying then he shouldn’t even be an MP never mind the PM! - does he even read his ‘prepared speeches’ before going on the platform to deliver it to his audience? - (just another ‘shot in the foot’ from a tory rich boy)

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I have listened to Sunaks speech several times and it just leaves me gobsmacked every time - if he didn’t realise what he was actually saying then he shouldn’t even be an MP never mind the PM! - does he even read his ‘prepared speeches’ before going on the platform to deliver it to his audience? - (just another ‘shot in the foot’ from a tory rich boy)
    Has anyone heard more of the speech to get the context?

I haven't but it might not be as bad as it sounds.

To be honest, it is a terrible choice for the Party Members with a poor shortlist to choose from.

Sunak has to defend that video, Truss has alienated many Scottish people with her 'Sturgeon is an attention seeker' comment. Yes Liz, but you are the one who has been setting your stall out for a long time to become party leader and PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Has anyone heard more of the speech to get the context?

I haven't but it might not be as bad as it sounds.

To be honest, it is a terrible choice for the Party Members with a poor shortlist to choose from.

Sunak has to defend that video, Truss has alienated many Scottish people with her 'Sturgeon is an attention seeker' comment. Yes Liz, but you are the one who has been setting your stall out for a long time to become party leader and PM.
    In what way can there be any context to justify stealing from the poor to pay the Rich.?!..

Page 238 of 365 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast