+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 252 of 365 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3648

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Obviously the BoE decided to spend £65bn of our money to save pension funds because they read the BBC website.

If you look hard enough you will find bias either way.

Project fear about energy costs? My bill was around £120 per month, it is already well over that now and looks like it will be £300. I think I will hold Truss to her lie at worse, misleading at best that no-one will pay more than £2500.

Truss is like a rabbit in headlights. Could be an interesting interview with Kuenssberg on Sunday. Of course, it will be totally biased though.
    Now mine used to be @ 90 quid a month (both) and is now 176. But if you factor in the 67 pound rebate that's due to kick in next month? and all the other bits and bobs thrown our way, I think it's fair to say I'm paying slightly less, certainly no more. Turn them rads down young man.

Quote Originally Posted by macse15 View Post
    Yes and it only cost us via Bank of England £65 billion for things not to be as bad as thought
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    OI think I will hold Truss to her lie at worst, misleading at best that no-one will pay more than £2500.
    I think it's shocking how this has been covered by the media from the beginning of the energy price rises. They have really failed to explain that it's the unit price that is capped not overall usage. The government and media chucking around the figure of £2500 has been really misleading and totally disingenuous.

I honestly thought we'd scraped the bottom of the barrel with Boris, but the early signs of Truss are frightening. Whilst a crisis was unfolding last week (real or media hype) where was she? This is where strong leaders come into their own, but she was absent. She then thought she'd escape the ire and scrutiny of the MSM bigwigs by going for interviews with regional and local press which says to me she lacks bottle and conviction. She's out of her depth.

IMO if the leader of the elected government is ousted a GE should be automatically triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I think it's shocking how this has been covered by the media from the beginning of the energy price rises. They have really failed to explain that it's the unit price that is capped not overall usage. The government and media chucking around the figure of £2500 has been really misleading and totally disingenuous.

I honestly thought we'd scraped the bottom of the barrel with Boris, but the early signs of Truss are frightening. Whilst a crisis was unfolding last week (real or media hype) where was she? This is where strong leaders come into their own, but she was absent. She then thought she'd escape the ire and scrutiny of the MSM bigwigs by going for interviews with regional and local press which says to me she lacks bottle and conviction. She's out of her depth.

IMO if the leader of the elected government is ousted a GE should be automatically triggered.
    Agreed, as I said, let's see how she does with Laura K tomorrow.

As U-turns go, I can’t recall a more humiliating one than today. After 10 days of insisting it was 100% the right thing to do, Truss and Kwarteng have now “listened”!!! We are clearly being run by a bunch of incompetents, and even the Tory MPs must realise it.

Although I’m sure Magpies1959 will blame it on the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    As U-turns go, I can’t recall a more humiliating one than today. After 10 days of insisting it was 100% the right thing to do, Truss and Kwarteng have now “listened”!!! We are clearly being run by a bunch of incompetents, and even the Tory MPs must realise it.

Although I’m sure Magpies1959 will blame it on the BBC.
    I was dismayed when she became the chosen one. This week will be a struggle and I'd probably put money on her not being leader by the next election and that there is a possibility of this government losing a vote of no-confidence.

Some folk in the financial markets will have made a killing, even more than Brown's gold faux pas.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I was dismayed when she became the chosen one. This week will be a struggle and I'd probably put money on her not being leader by the next election and that there is a possibility of this government losing a vote of no-confidence.

Some folk in the financial markets will have made a killing, even more than Brown's gold faux pas.
    Although I am distinctly on the left, I acknowledge that in Sunak the Tories had the candidate who could have run the country with competence and even sound principles. They turned him down because
    1. He's a practising Hindu
    2. He's small in stature
    3. He was perceived as ratting on Bozo
    4. He's not a female and can't pose as the next Thatcher.
    Yet most things he outlined about Truss's economics in his PM campaign have come true.
    The Tories have shot themselves in the foot with an elephant gun. No wonder the left is grinning from ear to ear but will there be anything left in the kitty by the time they get power?
    The Tories and their croneys will be ravaging the state and its assets for their own pockets.

QED… the Tories are a crime syndicate

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/kwa...-bonds-profit/

There is no where to go now for the so called Conservatives. Just hand the keys to Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    .. but will there be anything left in the kitty by the time they get power?
    Has there ever been anything in the kitty? Our current economic theory seems to be "let the future generations worry about it", much like green policies, energy security, NHS and anything else important. Meanwhile reality TV etc continues to boom in an alternative reality that actually is escapism for what is to come.

There is not a single silver cloud on the world markets bar Peru, Norway, Finland and Peru today. Maybe I'll have to depart earlier before my pension beats me to it. I'll be very cross if Notts go on a promotion winning campaign as per Warnock and I'm not around to see it.

Page 252 of 365 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast