+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So under Corbyn, we COULD have been the worst in the world.

Do you know how pathetic you sound?
    No

Here's what other countries think of us:

From Italy to Australia, critics have accused a “complacent” British government of “massively underestimating” the gravity of the coronavirus crisis after the UK reported the highest death toll in Europe.

While Rai Uno, the Italian state broadcaster’s flagship channel, gave prominent play to the news that Britain had recorded “more than 32,000 deaths, the highest total in Europe exceeding even Italy”, the Corriere della Serra daily went a good way further.

The situation in the UK was “like a nightmare from which you cannot awake, but in which you landed because of your own fault or stupidity”, the influential liberal-conservative paper said, adding that Britain seemed “a prisoner of itself”.

The country that was “the most reluctant in Europe to impose a lockdown has become the most cautious to start reopening”, with public opinion frightened of the consequences and Boris Johnson eager to avoid breaking Italy’s “sad record”.

Right now, Boris is riding on a wave of sympathy, but when his incompetence is plain for all to see - it won't be long - his fall will be painful. Starmer went easy on him in PMQ today, but the performance was forensic enough to show that he will make mincemeat of the stammering waffler opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    How many Italian,Chinese,Indian, Pa-istani, Bangladeshi, Afro Carribean etc. etc. live in Ireland compared to Britain?
    These people travel back and forth to their country of origin creating a large risk, but the vast majority are British citizens so they are entitled.
    Mind you it is criminal that when we new of the problem they weren't tested or isolated.
    I know, it's all the people with family abroad. No Irish people have ever left these shores, of course. And it would never have come in with white folks in that time before the uncriticisable one closed the airports / ordered some kind of screening at airports / ordered people be quarantined when they arrived.

Oh wait. None of those things ever happened.

I am genuinely amazed at the lengths people will go to in order to give that man a pass. I thought it would turn on him when Brexit turned to ****, never would have imagined something this serious would have occurred first to show how pisspoor he is - and STILL no one wants to hold him to account.

Has he somehow abducted everyone's kids and demanded unwavering support before he will hand them back, or did I miss out on some Tory offer of free ***ual favours from the stars of **** hub perhaps???

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    I know, it's all the people with family abroad. No Irish people have ever left these shores, of course. And it would never have come in with white folks in that time before the uncriticisable one closed the airports / ordered some kind of screening at airports / ordered people be quarantined when they arrived.

Oh wait. None of those things ever happened.

I am genuinely amazed at the lengths people will go to in order to give that man a pass. I thought it would turn on him when Brexit turned to ****, never would have imagined something this serious would have occurred first to show how pisspoor he is - and STILL no one wants to hold him to account.

Has he somehow abducted everyone's kids and demanded unwavering support before he will hand them back, or did I miss out on some Tory offer of free ***ual favours from the stars of **** hub perhaps???
    I think my last line holds the government to account, they have made some really bad calls., and will probably pay for it. I am not defending anyone.
    I just don't think comparing Ireland to the rest of the UK is not accurate with the difference in international population.
    Why mention white folks? I was talking about British citizens who travel abroad especially to some of the worst hit countries, so there would be more risk of spreading the virus. Italians are white the last time I looked.

I think my last line holds the government to account, they have made some really bad calls., and will probably pay for it. I am not defending anyone.
    I just don't think comparing Ireland to the rest of the UK is not accurate with the difference in international population.
    Why mention white folks? I was talking about British citizens who travel abroad especially to some of the worst hit countries, so there would be more risk of spreading the virus. Italians are white the last time I looked.
    Mario Balotelli isn't white. Well, not the last time I looked.

The other day you said we shouldn't criticise the government because we need to keep an open mind until this is all over.

Now you yourself are saying the government has made some really bad calls.

Were you just saying that to be annoying? Or have you genuinely changed your mind?

400,000 PPE gowns that were purchased from Turkey are unusable and stuck in a warehouse. They haven't yet decided whether to chase up a refund. Another up de cock but hey none of it's Boris's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    400,000 PPE gowns that were purchased from Turkey are unusable and stuck in a warehouse. They haven't yet decided whether to chase up a refund. Another up de cock but hey none of it's Boris's fault.
    My message to Boris would be "Get protection for care staff done."

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    My message to Boris would be "Get protection for care staff done."
    He could sit on a JCB and smash through a load of boxes with PPE written on them.

Page 39 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast