+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 366 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    A man you will never be.
    Eh up f00kin Yoda’s joined the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    What was the note the guys at the Treasury left for the Tories to pick up? With no money in the coffers at that time how would Gordon have tackled this current issue?

It is always good sense to have something in reserve for when the unexpected happens. That sometimes means going without and it was going without some things that have enabled me to build up a bit of a pot of emergency money which I now need as my investments are down so much that they cannot provide the income to keep me going.
    https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN1XV0ZN

1. That note was a joke, and followed a global banking crisis, which I’m sure you well know. How many of those bankers went to prison?

2. Gordon Brown was acknowledged to have handled that crisis very well, unless you have evidence to the contrary?

3. The Tory government has imposed ideological cuts on the most vulnerable people in society. Many of those people have suffered early death as a result. Indeed, life expectancy for the poorest in this country is going down for the first time in a generation. How did you suffer from austerity?

4. As Alexei Sayle said, austerity is the idea that the financial crash was caused by there being too many libraries in Wolverhampton.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 17-03-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Bless...loser.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Bless...loser.
    If you want instructions on how to open the link and want someone to explain the article, just ask.

Thick you are.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The line from the outset has been "science-led". Obviously, this isn't an exact science and the strategy evolves in response to the data, but as long as the politicians continue to be science-led rather than media-led they should be okay. The media will respond to any shift in strategy with the usual allegations of "U-turn" and other such phrases, and they will wheel out all sorts of naysayers and second-guessers to snipe from the sidelines about how they would do things differently. However, right now the Government needs to ignore all that noise and listen to their appointed experts, who aren't guaranteed to be right all the time, but have the best chance of being so.
    Big fan of science are you Jackal?

Second home owners urged to stay away from North Wales. "A GP said health services have been inundated by people with second homes in Gwynedd looking for medical care."

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Big fan of science are you Jackal?
    Still fit and healthy enough to be posting I see!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Still fit and healthy enough to be posting I see!
    Well spotted. Big fan of science are you?

Good move by Chelsea. They've offered use of their hotel to NHS staff for free, to make life easier for those who have to commute.

I see Banjo is impressed by, among other things, Boris's leadership and Richard Branson. Not the sharpest thingy in the doofer, are you, Banjo?
    To be fair, Boris has done all right thus far, but as my co-conspirator and Snobhead Elite says, it's too early to say whether his leadership has been a success. Basically, he's handed over the lead to 'the scientists' which means that if things go 'tits up' he can claim it was no fault of his. However, he has abandoned pantomime mode and managed to keep a straight face and give a credible impersonation of someone who gives a s h i t. However, I do note that Risky Sunup failed to address renters and the poor in society as part of his redress package yesterday.
    Banjo, check out Tom Bower's biography of Richard Branson. The man is an a r s e (Branson, not Bower) whose entrepreneurialism owes its success to leeching off the taxpayer, sucking up money from the public sector. He also comes over as not a nice man; someone who owes a great deal to mummy and thought nothing of urinating on those who served him loyally.
    Your vision of RB as a man with a mission to create jobs is a romantic delusion.

Page 4 of 366 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast