+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 365 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

The five point scale based on objective data is quite a good move politically. It basically means he can just point at that if infections go up again and he won't be the bad guy - important for any politician but especially for Boris.

Have any human beings apart from politicians and tennis players ever done that fist clench with thumb pointing forward, like they're getting ready to set a suicide bomb off?

I honestly thought the new rules could've been explained more clearly. In my experience communicating rules and procedures to people needs to be as short and sweet as humanly possible.

Another worry is that they've been briefing the press for days about a relaxation of the lockdown, so people will consider the lockdown relaxed, when in reality the relaxation is very, very minor.

I also wouldn't have mentioned the pubs opening in July. Even though he made it clear it was conditional and an early as possible date, people will, in my experience of communicating with people, just remember pubs opening = July and be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Seeing as he won an election repeating a three word slogan ad infinitum, I'm surprised at the lack of clarity in his communication strategy during this crisis.

On my social media I've noticed a couple of friends who are enthusiastic converts to BoJoism, who have been completely behind him on everything until now, starting to waver.

Elite: Just an observation based upon my experience. Sorry, forgot you require greater clarity.

It may or may not apply to posters on here, I neither know nor care. Seems to have touched a nerve with you tho'.
    Last edited by Pies4u; 10-05-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's difficult because it's so sudden and so vague. If the date for this had been set at Monday 18th May as an example it might have made a bit of sense. Because of what he said there must be thousands of employers and millions of workers not knowing what they should be doing tomorrow.
    As I said before, there is no clarity at all.
    For God's sake man, can't you just give it a rest once in a while. Every thread, Elite versus the rest. Blah, blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    For God's sake man, can't you just give it a rest once in a while. Every thread, Elite versus the rest. Blah, blah blah.
    You post what you want to post, I'll post what I want to post. I'm posting about the thread title, you're posting about me!

Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    It may or may not apply to posters on here, I neither know nor care.
    But you said "I quite like listening to people who have never had any discernible accountability or responsibility for critical decision making", suggesting you did know. Now you're admitting you don't know, just as I thought.

ps Ironically, when I worked my job was based mainly on making critical decisions, usually around 100 per day with the cost running into thousands of pounds for any I got wrong.

You certainly make more sense than anyone else on the right here, but I think a big mistake the government made early on was advising us not to go out rather than telling us not to go out, which is what they did after a while. We now seem to be back to the advisory stage, which given the earlier failure seems highly irresponsible. At least Scotland and Wales have maintained the sensible strategy.
    So the previous strategy was a "sensible strategy". Why didn't you say so at the time!

I don't know if you realise it shipmate, but by siding with the likes of seriouspie simply to get at me you are aligning yourself with the hard right.

I would suggest that considering the job your wife does, it might not be the best course of action.
    Feck me, you sound like that German character in 'Allo Allo'. 'You have been warned'

Well he kind of sounded good but after thought about his broadcast he may have well have said "do the fk what you want till it go's tits up" I'm with elite on this.

... ffs this is not a dictatorship. The only requirement is that you understand your 2 x table. Boris only said this is an outline plan; but as usual, the unthinking Remoaner Revenge and 100% Hindsight Mob jump too soon, with their hysterical, can't wait to score points - equivalent to prem ejac. If you don't understand what Stay Alert means, go and live in a dictatorship ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... ffs this is not a dictatorship. The only requirement is that you understand your 2 x table. Boris only said this is an outline plan; but as usual, the unthinking Remoaner Revenge and 100% Hindsight Mob jump too soon, with their hysterical, can't wait to score points - equivalent to prem ejac. If you don't understand what Stay Alert means, go and live in a dictatorship ...
    Another slavish Boris supporter. Across the board people are saying it was confusing.

If 'stay alert' is so simple, maybe you can explain to us what it means in practice.

Page 51 of 365 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast