+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 365 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

The government was doing one thing right, concise, clear messaging. They’ve managed to go and f00k that up as well.

I bet there were some interesting conversations between employees and their managers this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... ffs this is not a dictatorship. The only requirement is that you understand your 2 x table. Boris only said this is an outline plan; but as usual, the unthinking Remoaner Revenge and 100% Hindsight Mob jump too soon, with their hysterical, can't wait to score points - equivalent to prem ejac. If you don't understand what Stay Alert means, go and live in a dictatorship ...
    Yep, everyone stay alert while doing a conga down the st , pretty clear

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... ffs this is not a dictatorship. The only requirement is that you understand your 2 x table. Boris only said this is an outline plan; but as usual, the unthinking Remoaner Revenge and 100% Hindsight Mob jump too soon, with their hysterical, can't wait to score points - equivalent to prem ejac. If you don't understand what Stay Alert means, go and live in a dictatorship ...
    "If you want to criticise the government then go and live in a dictatorship" makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Yep, everyone stay alert while doing a conga down the st , pretty clear
    Looking on the local highstreet, it seems to me that the public have decided that the lock-down is all but over. With this return to work instruction, you and your employer are allowed to use your own common sense. Unless you want a member of the Gov to be in attendance to show you where to stand, how to get there and exactly what to do? One problem I can see for the future is for restaurants, cafe's etc. With the limited amount of punters they will be able to serve due to social distancing, will it even be viable for them to re-open?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    So the previous strategy was a "sensible strategy". Why didn't you say so at the time!
    If you had paid attention, you would see that I did. I said the lockdown was the correct thing to do, but it should have been imposed earlier.

I think the lockdown was effectively over when the government briefed the press on Wednesday it was effectively over.

Right before a sunny bank holiday. Hence the congas.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Looking on the local highstreet, it seems to me that the public have decided that the lock-down is all but over. With this return to work instruction, you and your employer are allowed to use your own common sense. Unless you want a member of the Gov to be in attendance to show you where to stand, how to get there and exactly what to do? One problem I can see for the future is for restaurants, cafe's etc. With the limited amount of punters they will be able to serve due to social distancing, will it even be viable for them to re-open?

No, the leisure, travel and tourism industries are going to be disproportionately affected, sporting clubs are part of it.
    Over time I think the Swedes with their acceptance of unavoidable mortality and personal responsibility, treating adults as sentient along with light touch regulation will prove the most realistic and effective way of dealing with all this. It seems to be where we're heading.
    The bit that stuck out to me last night was the increase in fines for transgressors. I thought it was all about consent for the greater good, we've had massive compliance, the young have been brilliant to their elders but now we're going down the line of more severe punishments while asking more of us to take some risk in our working lives.

So now the government are telling people in certain situations to go back to work on Wednesday. Couldn't Boris have mentioned that particular day last night in his address so people were more aware of what the situation was?

'Clear and succinct' my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Well he kind of sounded good but after thought about his broadcast he may have well have said "do the fk what you want till it go's tits up" I'm with elite on this.
    I don't know if you realise it maddog, but by siding with the likes of simple Elite you are aligning yourself with the hard left.

I would suggest you consider this though I have no idea what your wife( or if you even have one ) does.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you had paid attention, you would see that I did. I said the lockdown was the correct thing to do, but it should have been imposed earlier.
    Bit of backtracking there sh1tmate. Anyway, got a delivery from Hermes today. I can't even remember ordering a brown shirt but it looks very fetching and I might have to buy a club to go with it.

Page 52 of 365 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast