+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 365 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Any thoughts on the Piers Morgan / Andrew Bridgen interview this morning?

https://youtu.be/ha2vyuQprnQ

I thought Morgan overplayed his hand a bit towards the end, but apart from that he was pretty much spot on. I also thought Bridgen was very unimpressive.

Andrew Bridgen is a Conservative MP and he was defending the new lockdown guidelines as being perfectly clear, but he didn't understand some fairly basic aspects of them himself.

I have a feeling he might be a poster on here because he then deployed a variety of avoidance and distraction strategies like 'man of the people who does his own shopping vs liberal elite', accusations of bias, and the catch-all 'whatever, it's common sense'.

Disclaimer: if anybody feels triggered by this feel free to turn the board back into a safe space by commenting on how Dianne Abbott is doing in the imaginary government in the parallel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

I thought Morgan overplayed his hand a bit towards the end, but apart from that he was pretty much spot on. I also thought Bridgen was very unimpressive.

Andrew Bridgen is a Conservative MP and he was defending the new lockdown guidelines as being perfectly clear, but he didn't understand some fairly basic aspects of them himself.

I have a feeling he might be a poster on here because he then deployed a variety of avoidance and distraction strategies like 'man of the people who does his own shopping vs liberal elite', accusations of bias, and the catch-all 'whatever, it's common sense'.

Disclaimer: if anybody feels triggered by this feel free to turn the board back into a safe space by commenting on how Dianne Abbott is doing in the imaginary government in the parallel universe.
    If you want a real distraction strategy , perhaps you should look on Alistair Campbell’s twitter site where that born again defender of truth, and integrity has been regularly supported by the doyen of the Scottish courts , and arch “Fox Clubber” Jolyon Maugham .

They are currently running a thinly, but not all that thinly disguised Proxy War on behalf of erstwhile Remainers .

Our hero Alistair is calling for a Public enquiry into the Government , and Corona.

Bearing in mind Alastair’s kid glove treatment at the hands of previous Public Inquiries , perhaps Boris should ask for one too, although David Kelly’s widow might find the déjà vu a bit upsetting .

The only thing you can rely on with Alistair, is the silver trail he leaves on the pub carpet .

There you are, not a mention of Diane anywhere, and I'm certainly not Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    If you want a real distraction strategy , perhaps you should look on Alistair Campbell’s twitter site where that born again defender of truth, and integrity has been regularly supported by the doyen of the Scottish courts , and arch “Fox Clubber” Jolyon Maugham .

They are currently running a thinly, but not all that thinly disguised Proxy War on behalf of erstwhile Remainers .

Our hero Alistair is calling for a Public enquiry into the Government , and Corona.

Bearing in mind Alastair’s kid glove treatment at the hands of previous Public Inquiries , perhaps Boris should ask for one too, although David Kelly’s widow might find the déjà vu a bit upsetting .

The only thing you can rely on with Alistair, is the silver trail he leaves on the pub carpet .

Right.

Any thoughts on the video?

I’ve just listened to the prime minister say;

’So it’s go to work if you can but go to work if you have no alternative”.

Cue people saying how clear they thought the message was.

Yes I've just viewed it, on his knees being kicked in the head by the tag team. Clearly he was punch drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post

If you want a real distraction strategy just read your post that I've quoted above, because it's a perfect example! I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Alistair Campbell's twitter site is indeed a sack of shyte, in fact I would expect it. It has no relevance at all to the way the government have handled this crisis however, in fact the best phrase to descibe your post is 'DISTRACTION STRATEGY'. Out of interest, when we currently have the highest death toll in Europe, why do you see a " Public enquiry into the Government and Corona" as a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

Well, in true government Q&A style I'll say thank you very much for that excellent link driller. Except that my thanks are meant sincerely. I wonder if P4U has watched this, and if he has I wonder if he will stand by his earlier comment that "It sounded perfectly clear, succinct and appropriate to anyone with a modicum of intelligence". If so he must think Andrew Bridgen doesn't have a modicum of intelligence, because even in his privileged position as a Tory MP (by privileged I mean he must have had much more detail much sooner than the rest of us), he seemed as confused as the rest of us. Even Susanna Reid ripped him apart ffs!

Can any of the Tory arse lickers on here (you know who you are) watch that and seriously defend the government?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Well, in true government Q&A style I'll say thank you very much for that excellent link driller. Except that my thanks are meant sincerely. I wonder if P4U has watched this, and if he has I wonder if he will stand by his earlier comment that "It sounded perfectly clear, succinct and appropriate to anyone with a modicum of intelligence". If so he must think Andrew Bridgen doesn't have a modicum of intelligence, because even in his privileged position as a Tory MP (by privileged I mean he must have had much more detail much sooner than the rest of us), he seemed as confused as the rest of us. Even Susanna Reid ripped him apart ffs!

Can any of the Tory arse lickers on here (you know who you are) watch that and seriously defend the government?
    They'll probably love it to be honest.

Even though he was completely in the wrong factually, and towards the end totally incoherent (Q- what about the government's handling of quarantine? A- East Midlands is a big cargo airport. Errr, ok then) he was rude and uncompromising when speaking to the media.

I think that's all that matters. Some people don't really listen to the words.

'I don't speak on behalf of the Government '

You would think that he would at least know what their guidelines say. He was certainly floundering at the question about whether he had met with family members.

Piers went too far with his manner, but he said was what a lot of people have been thinking. Having said that, Bridgen isn't exactly one who holds back and his Wiki page makes interesting reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you want a real distraction strategy just read your post that I've quoted above, because it's a perfect example! I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Alistair Campbell's twitter site is indeed a sack of shyte, in fact I would expect it. It has no relevance at all to the way the government have handled this crisis however, in fact the best phrase to descibe your post is 'DISTRACTION STRATEGY'. Out of interest, when we currently have the highest death toll in Europe, why do you see a " Public enquiry into the Government and Corona" as a bad thing?
    If you took your agendised head out of your arse for just a moment , you might notice that my post referred to a previous poster's allusion to distraction strategy , and Alistair Campbell's hypocrisy as a proponent of enquiries.

I don't have a problem with Public Inquiries as a means of scrutiny , for Covid or anything else, but as with the ones involving Campbell , and Piers Morgan as fringe players ,they tend to be a whitewash.

Page 54 of 365 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast