+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 68 of 365 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Only seen the ‘highlights’ of the debate. The biggest surprise for me is that there’s a far right militia group called ‘The Proud Boys’.

What a sh!t name. Violent white supremacists can’t even think of a decent name for their poxy club.
    Some reaction like this was bound to happen, what with the embarrasing "taking the knee". And Black Lives Matter being non-racist of course was OK but anyone attempting to promote White Lives Matter is a raving racist. Yer average man-in-the-street will only put up with so much pushing before he says "this load of bo11ocks is getting out of control" and he starts to rebel against undeserved criticism of him not parading through the streets arm in arm with some black stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Only seen the ‘highlights’ of the debate. The biggest surprise for me is that there’s a far right militia group called ‘The Proud Boys’.

What a sh!t name. Violent white supremacists can’t even think of a decent name for their poxy club.
    Probably a nod to Gay Pride Marches.

Whilst we are the subject of silly names, what about a dance troupe called........ Diversity, whose members are all black. I did think at first that my application was rejected because I can dance better than any of them.....

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Some reaction like this was bound to happen, what with the embarrasing "taking the knee". And Black Lives Matter being non-racist of course was OK but anyone attempting to promote White Lives Matter is a raving racist. Yer average man-in-the-street will only put up with so much pushing before he says "this load of bo11ocks is getting out of control" and he starts to rebel against undeserved criticism of him not parading through the streets arm in arm with some black stranger.
    When I'm allowed to watch Notts and England games again, if they CHOOSE to take the knee, I will boo them.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Whilst we are the subject of silly names, what about a dance troupe called........ Diversity, whose members are all black. I did think at first that my application was rejected because I can dance better than any of them.....
    Actually Navy, they are not all black (just checked)

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Who cares about the facts? There is a fake culture war going on to distract the general public form the absolute sh!t show of this governments own making. If we can deem we are offended then it's fine - go red in the face and send your complaint to ofcom.

When I'm allowed to watch Notts and England games again, if they CHOOSE to take the knee, I will boo them.
    I'd understand people booing, but until we can gauge the collective mood on the terraces, I think it would be wiser to just carry on singing or start a pure football related chant as if you haven't noticed or, if you have to express disapproval, opt for the whistle (such as when keepers are wasting time). If this nonsense is still a thing at football grounds when fans return in significant numbers then you can bet the media will be looking for people who hold up "All Lives Matter" banners or whatever for public shaming.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I stand corrected Banjo, they have a member called Sam Craske who is white (unless he was driving the car that Dawn Butler was a passenger, in when stopped, then he'd be black). Apologies all round but I'm still a better dancer than any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'd understand people booing, but until we can gauge the collective mood on the terraces, I think it would be wiser to just carry on singing or start a pure football related chant as if you haven't noticed or, if you have to express disapproval, opt for the whistle (such as when keepers are wasting time). If this nonsense is still a thing at football grounds when fans return in significant numbers then you can bet the media will be looking for people who hold up "All Lives Matter" banners or whatever for public shaming.
    I'm gonna boo.

I stand corrected Banjo, they have a member called Sam Craske who is white (unless he was driving the car that Dawn Butler was a passenger, in when stopped, then he'd be black). Apologies all round but I'm still a better dancer than any of them.
    I hear you do a very swervy fandango

Page 68 of 365 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast