+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 89 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

I'm vaccine up! I'll let you know if I grow a tail.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I'm vaccine up! I'll let you know if I grow a tail.
    Excellent news crazy, great to hear that you've been jabanated. How is your arm by the way? The wife's arm didn't half swell up and was very sore, or so she tells me......woose.
    Anyway, I'm hoping they can get round to the under 40's soon enough.

It feels OK at the moment mate and thanks for saying that, much appreciated. Just really pleased to get going with it, hope you get yours sooner or later!

Here's an accurate summary of 'the leadership'. If you watch the last bit from 4 minutes onwards, it says all that needs to be said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zx3DFXqxa8

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Here's an accurate summary of 'the leadership'. If you watch the last bit from 4 minutes onwards, it says all that needs to be said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zx3DFXqxa8
    As comedians go, he is quite funny however, all his jokes are pretty much on the same theme and so quite boring also, I don’t like the idea that he is taking advantage of the Covid situation to further his career. It is quite egregious that this pious idiot is allowed at this time of crisis to mock the Government who I agree are not covered in glory in the manner of how they have handled this **** however, until that changes we are stuck with them and under-minding the government is likely to cause dissent amongst the general population of this once great country. We all need to PULL-TOGETHER at this moment in time and stop bitching FFS!!!. FOLLOW THE RULES, WASH HANDS, WEAR A MASK & KEEP 2M APART TO SAVE THE NHS AND TO SAVE LIVES!!!!
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 09-01-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    As comedians go, he is quite funny however, all his jokes are pretty much on the same theme and so quite boring also, I don’t like the idea that he is taking advantage of the Covid situation to further his career. It is quite egregious that this pious idiot is allowed at this time of crisis to mock the Government who I agree are not covered in glory in the manner of how they have handled this **** however, until that changes we are stuck with them and under-minding the government is likely to cause dissent amongst the general population of this once great country. We all need to PULL-TOGETHER at this moment in time and stop bitching FFS!!!. FOLLOW THE RULES, WASH HANDS, WEAR A MASK & KEEP 2M APART TO SAVE THE NHS AND TO SAVE LIVES!!!!
    So whatever they do, it is out of order to criticise the government.

Can't see that one catching on somehow.

I quite like some of Jonathan Pie's stuff even though it usually comes from a different political perspective to mine. His material defending freedom of speech is especially good. However, I think this is one of his less impressive efforts because it doesn't show the same balance or acknowledgement of context which some of his videos do. This is basically an "I hate the Government" rant talking straight to a leftist audience, which he's perfectly entitled to do, but as such it lacks the depth and sophistication and perhaps the wider appeal of some of his other stuff.

Several of the recent Pie videos seem to have forgotten the original premise of the news reporter character and his amusing interactions with "Tim" the producer, to the point where it might just as well be Tom Walker ranting at the camera as himself. You see it happen with a lot of long-running comedy personas, where the actors or writers become self aware and start to over exaggerate or 'ham up' their performance, usually to detrimental effect, except for the late Rik Mayall!
    Last edited by jackal2; 09-01-2021 at 12:59 PM.

So whatever they do, it is out of order to criticise the government.

Can't see that one catching on somehow.
    So you didn’t get my drift then Elite?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    So you didn’t get my drift then Elite?
    Your drift seemed to be that we shouldn't criticise the government.

I don't see how that will make things better. Do we all have to pretend that they're making the right decisions?

Your drift seemed to be that we shouldn't criticise the government.

I don't see how that will make things better. Do we all have to pretend that they're making the right decisions?
    Alarmingly, he said that this comedian shouldn’t be ‘allowed’ to criticise the government.

He should change his username to Kim jong-un Pie.

Page 89 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast