+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 151 of 365 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3648

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'm curious to know why journalists in that room have sat on this for a year and who were the journalists who attended these parties?

They're very quiet about the Maxwell trial aren't they. The boss of twitter resigned on the opening day of the trial and they've now shut down the twitter feed that was reporting the latest developments from the trial.

Nice pic of the Maxwell's relaxing together at Balmoral.
    Frankly I don't care why they have or who attended. It doesn't change in any way that the PM has lied and misled Parliament. No doubt that they lost confidence over the Barnard Castle fiasco, but that's nothing compared with this.

Last week there was no party, and no rules were broken. This week he's appointed the Cabinet Secretary to investigate what 'might' have happened, and anyone who broke the rules will face disciplinary action.

He's playing for time. He said that people aren't really bothered what happened a year ago - he might not be but people are.

The A & E doctor on the Labour benches asked him 'How do you sleep at night?' I wonder what the truth is?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'm curious to know why journalists in that room have sat on this for a year.
    I could be wrong, but I think those in the room for 'that' notorious video were Tory aides pretending to be journalists rather than real journalists. It was a dummy run to try and prepare the Prime Liar for any awkward questions he might face.

If there were any real journalists there, they should hang their heads in shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think those in the room for 'that' notorious video were Tory aides pretending to be journalists rather than real journalists. It was a dummy run to try and prepare the Prime Liar for any awkward questions he might face.

If there were any real journalists there, they should hang their heads in shame.
    You're probably right with it being a dummy run. If so, one of their own has leaked it.

Basically, she's resigned for being caught out revealing the truth about how the government have treated Covid restrictions, and as we know revealing the truth is totally unacceptable under Boris Johnson. She's resigned from her £125,000 per year position as a 'senior government spokeswoman'. Somehow, I don't think she'll have to resort to stacking shelves at Tesco. She's just the first sacrifial lamb to preserve the position of the Prime Liar. She will have been given a very generous payoff, with a promise she will be re-employed in the future.
    Yeah I get that, but at PMQs Johnson was still denying there was a party. Is she really resigning for laughing about a party that didn’t happen? And one she apparently didn’t go to?

(I do know this party and others happened, but her taking the hit doesn’t make sense given the current line).

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah I get that, but at PMQs Johnson was still denying there was a party. Is she really resigning for laughing about a party that didn’t happen? And one she apparently didn’t go to?

(I do know this party and others happened, but her taking the hit doesn’t make sense given the current line).
    She resigned because she was making light of the restrictions and it undermined the message. I think she seemed genuine, rather different to the PM's 'apology'.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    She resigned because she was making light of the restrictions and it undermined the message. I think she seemed genuine, rather different to the PM's 'apology'.
    She had to resign after showing her true colours on camera. She is good mates with the PM's wife, so she will be well looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Frankly I don't care why they have or who attended. It doesn't change in any way that the PM has lied and misled Parliament. No doubt that they lost confidence over the Barnard Castle fiasco, but that's nothing compared with this.

Last week there was no party, and no rules were broken. This week he's appointed the Cabinet Secretary to investigate what 'might' have happened, and anyone who broke the rules will face disciplinary action.

He's playing for time. He said that people aren't really bothered what happened a year ago - he might not be but people are.

The A & E doctor on the Labour benches asked him 'How do you sleep at night?' I wonder what the truth is?
    We know he needs time to think up a plausible excuse that the public could half believe with the wind behind it . It wouldn't surprise me if it took as long as the Grenfell Towers investigation or as long as it takes to get your Windrush compensation paid out !!"

She had to resign after showing her true colours on camera. She is good mates with the PM's wife, so she will be well looked after.
    She was caught trying to come up with a plausible lie to cover up for her boss, and had to resign. I’m inclined to give her a bit of credit for having the guts to give what appeared to be a genuine apology. But she has exposed the hypocrisy and contempt for us ordinary citizens that exists in Number 10. One rule for us, and no rule at all for them - they think they’re above all that and can do what they choose.

Sadly, the police seem to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    She was caught trying to come up with a plausible lie to cover up for her boss, and had to resign. I’m inclined to give her a bit of credit for having the guts to give what appeared to be a genuine apology. But she has exposed the hypocrisy and contempt for us ordinary citizens that exists in Number 10. One rule for us, and no rule at all for them - they think they’re above all that and can do what they choose.

Sadly, the police seem to agree.

looks like the tory party needs to buy a bigger fridge !

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    looks like the tory party needs to buy a bigger fridge !
    Or a bigger spade.

Page 151 of 365 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast