+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 211 of 365 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3648

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    That would require the parliamentary Tory party having some morals or a backbone.

So he and his chinless wonder mate Sunak won’t be going anywhere.
    Mr Sunak might well be gone in the next reshuffle. Now the top job seems out of reach, he could well be off to America to pursue other, more profitable pursuits.

Should Jonno resign? Yep, the Tories could do with a reset, IMHAHO.

Will he resign? Nah.

Will he appeal? Possibly, but it could turn messy.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    “Up yours”
    A subtle argument to which there is no comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Seems a typical reply on political threads but without the BS.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    To be fair to Banjo, it was more worthwhile than his previous contribution to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Seems a typical reply on political threads but without the BS.
    Maybe, but the thing that concerns me is that we have a Prime Minister who has openly lied to the people who voted him in, and not many of them seem to care. Apathy can be just as dangerous as extremism, but as a nation apathy seems to be the popular choice.

“ sursum tuum‘ I believe this is Boris’s motto (for those of you who can read latin of course)

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    “ sursum tuum‘ I believe this is Boris’s motto (for those of you who can read latin of course)
    I am fluent in Latin, but I think his full motto is a Latin / English hybrid - 'sursum tuum you dumb f*ckers'.

He won't resign, so his exit is down to enough of the dumb f*ckers seeing the light, or the majority of Tory MPs having a sense of morality.

In other words, he seems pretty safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I am fluent in Latin, but I think his full motto is a Latin / English hybrid - 'sursum tuum you dumb f*ckers'.

He won't resign, so his exit is down to enough of the dumb f*ckers seeing the light, or the majority of Tory MPs having a sense of morality.

In other words, he seems pretty safe.
    I don't think he'll survive another election. Enough Tory MPs will have had enough feedback from their constituents that they'll lose their seats unless there is a positive change. Problem is - name a successor. It shouldn't be hard but it doesn't seem that simple either. Sad state of affairs all round.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    To be fair to Banjo, it was more worthwhile than his previous contribution to the thread.
    Now, now BFP, who started this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I don't think he'll survive another election. Enough Tory MPs will have had enough feedback from their constituents that they'll lose their seats unless there is a positive change. Problem is - name a successor. It shouldn't be hard but it doesn't seem that simple either. Sad state of affairs all round.
    Amazing how you see this scenario repeated over and over again in politics. Wounded leader who should resign clings on, manages to eek out another 6 months or year before they finally have to go, but in the meantime does severe damage to the party they represent. I was gonna suggest David Davis as being a ''steadying hand''. Pro Brexit enough for the Brexit mob, plenty of experience, till I realised he's now 73!!! Or is that being ageist?

Page 211 of 365 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast