+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 258 of 365 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 3648

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    now she'll have to tread softly and all is not lost. The old guard should be threatened - 'back me or I'll call an election' - time for some cold steel.
    Rubbish. Both Truss and the old guard know that if an election was called now it would result in a Labour landslide and many of them would lose their seats. The old guard know that their only chance at the next election is to bin her, and one way or another that's what they'll do.

The Black Horse comes riding in with the truth at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Rubbish. Both Truss and the old guard know that if an election was called now it would result in a Labour landslide and many of them would lose their seats. The old guard know that their only chance at the next election is to bin her, and one way or another that's what they'll do.
    Bang on Elite. You have to think things will move quickly once Graham Brady gets back on Monday.

Does anyone else here call it the 1862 committee by mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Serious question, does anyone on here think Labour will turn the country's finances around. Obviously I do, for all of our sakes, but I honestly cannot see it.
    For all the jokes being made about the Tory ministers, they actually look quite reasonable, (Thurrock Hunt apart). I mean Rayner, Lammy, Abbott, Nancy, Reeves etc lead by Captain Hindsight, if that doesn't give you nightmares.
    You’re a bit out of touch if you think Abbott has a chance of a cabinet post with a Keir Starmer government. And it’s Nandy not Nancy, and Truss seems to have trouble with hindsight let alone foresight.

Rachel Reeves, who I have met, is competent.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    The Black Horse comes riding in with the truth at last.
    The truth, or what you wanted to hear?

At last Labour is weighing in with a bigger voice - a poster campaign 'Send Off the Clowns'. The last few days have destroyed this country in the eyes of the world and it's all thanks to Tory politicians.
    Ironic that the vote all those years ago about 'taking back control' has been exposed for the lie it was. The world bank, IMF et al have shown us who's really in control.
    This mess dates back to Brexit, which will enter the history books as the UK's most costly mistake. You don't hear much from the pillocks who campaigned for it these days. Come on Serious, Suckerman, Dirty Hoss, defend your corner.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Ironic that the vote all those years ago about 'taking back control' has been exposed for the lie it was.
    Funnily enough, the slogan "Let's take control of our own destiny" was probably the single biggest thing that made me vote remain. I was no great fan of the EU, but saw it as a far better option then handing the control of our own destiny to the Conservative party.

With the benefit of hindsight, I think I was 100% right.

Brexit was a massive **** up, even most leavers admit this now (in private) 87% in a recent yougov poll thought so. The Tories have been gradually worse each year and now we've gone from a criminal with morons like Dorries in the cabinet to someone who is both thick and untrustworthy. Anyone who has JRM anywhere near an important position is taking the piss. That's basically it. Leavers and the Tories have made a real mess. Yes Starmer would be better, for one he's not a self serving criminal like Boris and for two he's not an idiot like Truss. Bring on a GE for everyone's sake.

Why not just oust Truss by any means, fair or foul. skip an election, put Starmer in charge and see if there is any change for the better.
    I am sure we would be back in the wondrous EU without a referendum. Then we will surely see everything in the garden nice and rosey.
    It is a good job we haven't been through a staged global pandemic to make things tricky for the government in power at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The truth, or what you wanted to hear?
    As a supporter of a Party with very few good men he can't handle the truth.

Page 258 of 365 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast