+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 281 of 365 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3648

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You possibly did. I'm sure the 1922 Committee would put honesty and integrity above all else and if he didn't get really 100 nominations, they would have made it public knowledge that Boris Johnson openly lied! It was a private vote where the real result will never be known, so do you think as Tories they might have gone for damage limitation?

I know you're not a betting man m_m, but I followed the odds. If Boris Johnson really had got the support he claimed, he would quickly have been long odds on. Instead the closer to the deadline, the more Johnson drifted. The bookies don't care what the truth is or who wins, but in my experience the odds they offer reflects the reality of any given situation more than any media reports.
    You are right about not betting, but I do sometimes look at the odds for different things. It was noticeable how much Boris was drifting.

Hope he drifts off now out of the picture.

No hurt feelings, but what I (and maybe sid) actually said was that the Tory party members rather than the Tory party MPs were unlikely to elect a Hindu non-white PM. The parliamentary party clearly favoured Sunak last time around, but the members went for Truss instead. If Boris Johnson had really managed to get 100 nominations (he clearly didn't), then I have absolutely no doubt that the blue rinse and gammon brigade would have had him back in 10 Downing Street on Friday.
    I concur with all you have said here, Elite. No way would Risky Sunhat have got the Premiership if it had gone to a vote of members. Bozo would be reinstalled because the stupid planks (and County Grump) think Bozo's rejection was all about eating cake instead of the removal of a serial liar who even deceived the Queen.
    Risky is their best bet because he's a smart operator and from all accounts takes note of the detail - that which Bozo never did. Having said that he's going to prescribe some terrible cuts, especially local government because that makes it look like HM government is not as blameworthy.
    His immense wealth is his achilles heel. Whilst he heats up a swimming pool within his gardens, the community pool within his constituency cannot afford the heating so thousands of people are denied swimming. He is said to be richer than the king and whilst that's not a crime, it doesn't sit well with the man responsible for determining cuts, cuts and more cuts. Like Truss, he's all for trimming the size of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I concur with all you have said here, Elite. No way would Risky Sunhat have got the Premiership if it had gone to a vote of members. Bozo would be reinstalled because the stupid planks (and County Grump) think Bozo's rejection was all about eating cake instead of the removal of a serial liar who even deceived the Queen.
    Risky is their best bet because he's a smart operator and from all accounts takes note of the detail - that which Bozo never did. Having said that he's going to prescribe some terrible cuts, especially local government because that makes it look like HM government is not as blameworthy.
    His immense wealth is his achilles heel. Whilst he heats up a swimming pool within his gardens, the community pool within his constituency cannot afford the heating so thousands of people are denied swimming. He is said to be richer than the king and whilst that's not a crime, it doesn't sit well with the man responsible for determining cuts, cuts and more cuts. Like Truss, he's all for trimming the size of the state.
    With all the debt we are in don’t you think a labour or Lib Dem government will have to implement drastic cuts if elected? Or is it only a problem if the person doing it is rich?

Seems Mullin isn’t a fan of the Tories

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63385682

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    With all the debt we are in don’t you think a labour or Lib Dem government will have to implement drastic cuts if elected? Or is it only a problem if the person doing it is rich?
    Politically it could be toxic. But here's some ideas to be going along with. Do you think Richy will implement any of them ? Wonder why.

Reverse the funding to energy company paid for by borrowing
    Implement windfall taxes
    Introduce wealth tax
    Abolish capital gains tax and tax gains as income
    Introduce NI on investment income
    Launch investigations into COVID fraud and illegal VIP-lane PPE contracts and recover ill-gotten contracts
    Super tax on bankers bonuses
    Increase stamp duty (SDLT) on higher value property
    Introduce capital gains tax on main homes gains over £150k

Just for starters !

Edit: Oh and... duh.. abolish non-dom status
    Last edited by frenchmagpie; 25-10-2022 at 01:44 PM.

Surprised at you BFP, liking someone who has "Fund the Tories" on their boots.

Or have I put 2 and 2 together and made 5?
    Hahaha it should say ‘feed the Tories’ given that most of em will be looking for new jobs fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I agree it will be an issue, but I hope it doesn't get in the way. If he does a good job and gets us through the next couple of years then it doesn't matter if he is the richest or poorest man in the country to me.

I guess that many of the MP's of all parties are pretty well-off. Those who have worked with Sunak seem to speak very highly of him regarding his work ethics etc. I hope he will be judged on his time in office, not his bank balance.

So 'the leadership' at the time of the original post on this topic has a few questions to answer tomorrow, but unfortunately it's not in a court of law. If it was, it could give us an answer as to whether god exists. If Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson had to state in court "I, Boris Johnson, do solemnly declare that what is in my dossier shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God", he would instantly be struck down by a massive bolt of lightning if god is up there somewhere.

It won't happen, so it begs the question does god exist or does Boris Johnson tell the truth?

I know what my money would be on.

So 'the leadership' at the time of the original post on this topic has a few questions to answer tomorrow, but unfortunately it's not in a court of law. If it was, it could give us an answer as to whether god exists. If Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson had to state in court "I, Boris Johnson, do solemnly declare that what is in my dossier shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God", he would instantly be struck down by a massive bolt of lightning if god is up there somewhere.

It won't happen, so it begs the question does god exist or does Boris Johnson tell the truth?

I know what my money would be on.
    Very good question - “can I call a friend?”

This country is f**ked anyway when at the next election you have the choice of Sunak, Starmer or Davey The richest man in politics out of touch with the working class. The free mason knight of the realm, very working class, not. Or that other fella from that other party, what they called?

None of them get my vote
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-03-2023 at 08:40 PM.

Page 281 of 365 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast