Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
Predictably and sadly the criticism of the government has gone down the usual lines on here. The broad left think he's a slow acting idiot, a non partisan quiet majority are hoping he's doing a good job but will have reservations and some on the right will cheer him on regardless.
Personally I'm very glad that we don't have the 2019 parliament in charge and I've no faith at all in Labour doing a better job at the moment.
I'm delighted I'm not in charge,( yes, I know, everyone is ) but what a massive responsibility to have thrust on your shoulders, can't think of a worse job in the country right now.
It's easy to do a Piers Morgan and scream for more to be done now but we've had to step change the economy, coral a country not used to having freedoms curtailed and do it whilst ensuring there isn't anarchy and social breakdown from a mass panic. He's managed that in a fortnight and offered a colossal amount of financial help to get us through it all without imposing martial law or welding people into flats.
Already we've gone from 5000 to 12,000 ventilators available with more to come, early testing of a possible vaccine and managed to get a large number of retired NHS staff to volunteer.
As a nation we've done pretty well so far, not perfect, too much hoarding, some not being very sensible and some truly wicked people out there scamming the vulnerable but pretty well overall I think.

I am missing the football though, really missing it. So lucky we didn't do a Bury, their whole season has been like our last fortnight.
Aye ..... true about Bury, I feel for their fans but we nearly copped it the same with Hardy.