+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 365 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Predictably and sadly the criticism of the government has gone down the usual lines on here. The broad left think he's a slow acting idiot, a non partisan quiet majority are hoping he's doing a good job but will have reservations and some on the right will cheer him on regardless.
    Personally I'm very glad that we don't have the 2019 parliament in charge and I've no faith at all in Labour doing a better job at the moment.
    I'm delighted I'm not in charge,( yes, I know, everyone is ) but what a massive responsibility to have thrust on your shoulders, can't think of a worse job in the country right now.
    It's easy to do a Piers Morgan and scream for more to be done now but we've had to step change the economy, coral a country not used to having freedoms curtailed and do it whilst ensuring there isn't anarchy and social breakdown from a mass panic. He's managed that in a fortnight and offered a colossal amount of financial help to get us through it all without imposing martial law or welding people into flats.
    Already we've gone from 5000 to 12,000 ventilators available with more to come, early testing of a possible vaccine and managed to get a large number of retired NHS staff to volunteer.
    As a nation we've done pretty well so far, not perfect, too much hoarding, some not being very sensible and some truly wicked people out there scamming the vulnerable but pretty well overall I think.

I am missing the football though, really missing it. So lucky we didn't do a Bury, their whole season has been like our last fortnight.
    Aye ..... true about Bury, I feel for their fans but we nearly copped it the same with Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You have hit the nail on the head, the brexit debate all over again with the usual suspects lining up on either side.
    Yep just like the Brexit debate. Some people cite and have the evidence on their side, the others er....don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yep just like the Brexit debate. Some people cite and have the evidence on their side, the others er....don’t.
    We bow to your superiority. and ego.

Yep just like the Brexit debate. Some people talk ****e and pretend they have the evidence on their side, the others are Tories.
    Well said Chubs

Much firmer tonight, Boris. Less waffling, umming and erring and completely out of pantomime mode. To be honest, I cannot think of another politician in Parliament who could have done it better.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Well said Chubs
    So when people say things that upset you or you don’t agree with, you do one or more of the following;

1) Ban them if you happen to be the moderator.
    2) Pathetically ask them to talk about something else
    3) Moan and cry like a big fanny that they and their ‘friends’ are ‘taking over’ the board, and go and hide.
    4) Change what they’ve written when replying to them. Like some sort of retarded 5 year old.

Anything, anything except accept that they’re right and you’re talking absolute shyte.

So when people say things that upset you or you don’t agree with, you do one or more of the following;
    1) Ban idiots, like Fatboy and Sid when you happen to be the moderator.....yes
    2) Politely ask them to talk about something else ....yes
    3) Notice that aforementioned idiots and their ‘friends’ are ‘taking over’ the board, and ban them......yes
    4) Change what they’ve written when replying to them.....no, never done that.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Much firmer tonight, Boris. Less waffling, umming and erring and completely out of pantomime mode. To be honest, I cannot think of another politician in Parliament who could have done it better.
    For once I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    1) Ban idiots, like Fatboy and Sid when you happen to be the moderator.....yes
    2) Politely ask them to talk about something else ....yes
    3) Notice that aforementioned idiots and their ‘friends’ are ‘taking over’ the board, and ban them......yes
    4) Change what they’ve written when replying to them.....no, never done that.
    The world would be a much better place if all of the above came to fruition.

Have you ever noticed how negative left-whingers normally are?

Does it come with their territory?
    Last edited by Lullapie; 24-03-2020 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Because BFP is a nob

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    The ummming and errring seems to happen when he’s answering questions or being interviewed etc. It’s a persona he’s worked years on perfecting, and it’s stood him in good stead over the years. Last night he became the statesman everyone needs him to be … and he was reading from a teleprompter.

Page 14 of 365 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast