+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 328 of 366 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

magpie_mania, there were more lies from the Remain side as far as I am concerned. Project fear was designed to scare the sh!t out of people, happily enough people saw through the b/s. I would definitely still vote Leave, and given recent figures, that our economy is performing better than Germany and France, I think Leave would win by a bigger majority if another referendum was held now.

Would always vote Remain, Many old gits just stating that “all the foreigners coming over here taking our jobs” when they were actually retired! - Well Brexit really solved that problem didn’t it!! - they should have listened to the young as its their future that has mainly been affected not the old gits who won’t be around much longer.
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 06-10-2023 at 03:56 PM.

Regarding comparing economic performance with EU countries, economies go through cycles, and just taking latest growth figures does not give an accurate picture. Trends should be looked at, and there is absolutely no doubt that the economies of Germany and France have performed significantly better than the UK economy since 2016 (in fact since 2010).

Project Fear is Project Here.

Businesses are having a nightmare with paperwork, and bear in mind we haven't implemented half the checks we should have done, because of the cost burden it would put our businesses. A lot have set up European subsidiaries, employing Europeans just to keep their businesses alive. When the hormone treated beef starts arriving from Australia in a few years our farmers won't be able to export meat to Europe without even more stringent veterinary checks. Our fishing industry has been crippled. Remember how we were going to have our own fish and the Europeans would flock to our fleets to get it... we were forced to concede fishing rights and then health checks make our fish unsellable. The truth is, even as the 6th biggest economy (we were 5th at the time of the Brexit vote and we are rapidly heading towards 7th) we will find it hard to thrive because all the other major economies are in big negotiating blocks which we can't compete with. We end up meeting their terms in order to trade (taking back control and sovereignty was another myth - you dance to the tune of the people paying you) or incurring the costs of not having a trade deal. There is very little middle ground when you are the junior partner of the negotiations.

There would be a convincing decision to remain if a vote was held now as it was so clearly a bad decision and demographics are changing which works against Brexit as much as anything. However, we had such a good deal when we were a member with our veto, own currency and rebates, that right now I am not convinced that a vote to rejoin would be successful as we would lose all that. We will eventually rejoin as we will be forced to by economics and politics.

As for us doing better than France and Germany, that could be because we have changed the way we accounted for the impact of covid. Germany and France haven't (yet), so at the moment it is comparing apples to oranges and we just don't know what the true comparison would be.

Wow Kent Magpie, an admission that we have actually done something better than Germany and France, I bet that was a struggle for you.

I live in France and have family in UK. If you think UK is doing better you need to get out more ! You're being shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Project Fear is Project Here.

Businesses are having a nightmare with paperwork, and bear in mind we haven't implemented half the checks we should have done, because of the cost burden it would put our businesses. A lot have set up European subsidiaries, employing Europeans just to keep their businesses alive. When the hormone treated beef starts arriving from Australia in a few years our farmers won't be able to export meat to Europe without even more stringent veterinary checks. Our fishing industry has been crippled. Remember how we were going to have our own fish and the Europeans would flock to our fleets to get it... we were forced to concede fishing rights and then health checks make our fish unsellable. The truth is, even as the 6th biggest economy (we were 5th at the time of the Brexit vote and we are rapidly heading towards 7th) we will find it hard to thrive because all the other major economies are in big negotiating blocks which we can't compete with. We end up meeting their terms in order to trade (taking back control and sovereignty was another myth - you dance to the tune of the people paying you) or incurring the costs of not having a trade deal. There is very little middle ground when you are the junior partner of the negotiations.

There would be a convincing decision to remain if a vote was held now as it was so clearly a bad decision and demographics are changing which works against Brexit as much as anything. However, we had such a good deal when we were a member with our veto, own currency and rebates, that right now I am not convinced that a vote to rejoin would be successful as we would lose all that. We will eventually rejoin as we will be forced to by economics and politics.

As for us doing better than France and Germany, that could be because we have changed the way we accounted for the impact of covid. Germany and France haven't (yet), so at the moment it is comparing apples to oranges and we just don't know what the true comparison would be.
    Great post

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    magpie_mania, there were more lies from the Remain side as far as I am concerned. Project fear was designed to scare the sh!t out of people, happily enough people saw through the b/s. I would definitely still vote Leave, and given recent figures, that our economy is performing better than Germany and France, I think Leave would win by a bigger majority if another referendum was held now.
    There are some recent figures that show that the UK is performing better than Germany and France... but is still behind Italy, Japan, US, and Canada in the G7. So yay... no longer bottom of the G7.

The only agricultural industry doing well post-Brexit is the... cherry-picking industry.

As for the lies... the Leave lies are a massive steaming pile of manure. £350m for the NHS; Turkey is joining the EU; we're not going to leave the single market; fishing; being forced to join an EU army; stricter environmental policies; 40 trade agreements ready to go one second after midnight; replacing the European Regional Development Fund; easiest deal in history; "they need us more than we need them"; there's no issue with the UK/Irish border.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Name one benefit of Brexit please...?x
    And don't say we took control of our borders and blue passport .?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Name one benefit of Brexit please...?x
    And don't say we took control of our borders and blue passport .?
    I think that is a fat “ZERO”

Page 328 of 366 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338 ... LastLast