+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 365 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

I have to say that surprisingly, i am impressed with the leadership provided by Boris and his team in the daily COVID-19 briefings, especially the new Chancellor Rishi Sunak, this guy is a revelation. Prof Chris Whitty, the government's chief medical adviser, and chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance are doing a good job providing the medical & scientific aspects of the virus. I believe they all are being honest, frank and as decisive as they can be facing this dreadful world-changing virus. I just wish they would not allow the lowlife gutter press particularly the Sun, Mirror & Daily star at these briefings who ask the most bazaar and stupid questions just to try and get a headline. These are strange and frightening times unknown by pretty much most of us, almost a war-like situation but it is what it is and at times like this the leadership being shown is just what the Country needs.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-03-2020 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Added omitted 'O/T:-' prefix

Well said Banjo. This is a time for getting behind the state and not an opportunity to score cheap points. After all, we are talking people’s live here.

Yep. Asking how the children who are on free school meals will actually get fed if schools close for a per longed period is ridiculous. How dare they!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I have to say that surprisingly, i am impressed with the leadership provided by Boris and his team in the daily COVID-19 briefings, especially the new Chancellor Rishi Sunak, this guy is a revelation. Prof Chris Whitty, the government's chief medical adviser, and chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance are doing a good job providing the medical & scientific aspects of the virus. I believe they all are being honest, frank and as decisive as they can be facing this dreadful world-changing virus. I just wish they would not allow the lowlife gutter press particularly the Sun, Mirror & Daily star at these briefings who ask the most bazaar and stupid questions just to try and get a headline. These are strange and frightening times unknown by pretty much most of us, almost a war-like situation but it is what it is and at times like this the leadership being shown is just what the Country needs.
    The line from the outset has been "science-led". Obviously, this isn't an exact science and the strategy evolves in response to the data, but as long as the politicians continue to be science-led rather than media-led they should be okay. The media will respond to any shift in strategy with the usual allegations of "U-turn" and other such phrases, and they will wheel out all sorts of naysayers and second-guessers to snipe from the sidelines about how they would do things differently. However, right now the Government needs to ignore all that noise and listen to their appointed experts, who aren't guaranteed to be right all the time, but have the best chance of being so.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I have to say that surprisingly, i am impressed with the leadership provided by Boris.
    Way, way premature. Without doubt it's a very complex situation, but I think you should wait and see how this pans out before any praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Way, way premature. Without doubt it's a very complex situation, but I think you should wait and see how this pans out before any praise.

Typical labour losing comment, I expected no more. I just knew Jezza and Diane would have this sorted by now, shame on you Boris.

For the sake of balance

"A rescue package for working class people and communities must be implemented with the same scale and urgency as the bailout of the banks."

"The Time of Corona is a useful reminder that the working class are the producers of ALL wealth. Parasites like Richard Branson merely live high on the backs of working people. We don’t need them. In fact to the contrary, we can’t go on with them. We have enough to carry".

"Coronavirus casts a light on every single part of our society. We will see the best of humanity and the worst of Capitalism”

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Typical labour losing comment, I expected no more. I just knew Jezza and Diane would have this sorted by now, shame on you Boris.
    In the past 24 hours I've noticed a distinct difference between the tone and approach of Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell. McDonnell (in the interviews I've seen) has adopted a relatively statesmanlike national unity-type stance and moderated his political comment, while Corbyn has been quite sneering and surly. I don't know if it's an intentional "good cop, bad cop" strategy or just a straight difference in how they believe they should approach the issue, but McDonnell has looked the more accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    In the past 24 hours I've noticed a distinct difference between the tone and approach of Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell. McDonnell (in the interviews I've seen) has adopted a relatively statesmanlike national unity-type stance and moderated his political comment, while Corbyn has been quite sneering and surly. I don't know if it's an intentional "good cop, bad cop" strategy or just a straight difference in how they believe they should approach the issue, but McDonnell has looked the more accomplished.
    Oh my god, you actually listen to a devout Marxist who wants the overthrow of Capitalism, may I suggest you ring your doctor immediately, you need medical attention.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    For the sake of balance

"A rescue package for working class people and communities must be implemented with the same scale and urgency as the bailout of the banks."

"The Time of Corona is a useful reminder that the working class are the producers of ALL wealth. Parasites like Richard Branson merely live high on the backs of working people. We don’t need them. In fact to the contrary, we can’t go on with them. We have enough to carry".

"Coronavirus casts a light on every single part of our society. We will see the best of humanity and the worst of Capitalism”
    Who are these quotes from UTM?

Page 1 of 365 1231151101 ... LastLast