+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 365 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What irony? I have said from day one that my political stance is a bit left of centre. I don't like the Conservative party, but I'm not far enough left to support Momentum. I've never done what you do though, which is to pretend to be totally impartial when you're clearly not.
    The unbiase I am talking about is what I said in post 555, like I said earlier this board is being dominated by the regular posters on the left but anyone who tries to put an alternate view for the sake of debate is usually shouted down or called a moron or tw@t or similar by certain posters.
    Anyway I will let you have the last word as per usual. Goodnight.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The unbiase I am talking about is what I said in post 555, like I said earlier this board is being dominated by the regular posters on the left but anyone who tries to put an alternate view for the sake of debate is usually shouted down or called a moron or tw@t or similar by certain posters.
    This thread isn't being dominated by left over right, it's being dominated by right over wrong.

Unless of course in your totally unbiased viewpoint you think that Cummings is telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Dominated by or more posters from the 'left'?

I really do not think it is a left / right or leave / remain (which has ludicrously been used by Cummings supporters) issue at all. It is right / wrong.

The reason that there are more posters who feel that Cummings should resign / be sacked / at least apologise over those defending him is I feel because that is what a big percentage think. Not many are defending him.

My feeling? Time to move on. It is obvious that he will not utter any apology or show any contrition whatsoever. Boris Johnson though must not think it's all been forgotten. Not saying I wouldn't vote Conservative next time, but I am less likely to.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    This thread isn't being dominated by left over right, it's being dominated by right over wrong.

Unless of course in your totally unbiased viewpoint you think that Cummings is telling the truth.
    Who is talking about the thread?
    To answer your question in my unbiased opinion yes he should be sacked, he is also a nasty piece of work.

... just because more contributors happen to express a similar point of view, this does not make them right.
    If the little band of brothers, the clique, get it wrong, don't be too hard on them. Being sincerely misguided deserves a degree of sympathy. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... just because more contributors happen to express a similar point of view, this does not make them right.
    If the little band of brothers, the clique, get it wrong, don't be too hard on them. Being sincerely misguided deserves a degree of sympathy. COYP
    A perfect summation of the Brexit vote and the last election then.

While being totally unimpressed by Boris Johnson at these daily updates, I thought Rishi Sunak did very well yesterday.

I didn't quite see all the questions but I thought he was careful and measured with how he answered, not flustered, respectful. I think he'll be a future PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    While being totally unimpressed by Boris Johnson at these daily updates, I thought Rishi Sunak did very well yesterday.

I didn't quite see all the questions but I thought he was careful and measured with how he answered, not flustered, respectful. I think he'll be a future PM.
    Yeah, bring it on. Rishi Sunak, Prime Minister 2024 - 2029.

20 consecutive years of Tory rule should be just enough to finish us all off...

Still none on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Still none on offer.
    There is some on offer, but it's the same vague, ambiguous and contradictory mess that has characterised this shambolic government from day one. So do we or don't we need to wear face masks in public places? Michael Gove says wearing face masks should not be mandatory in shops, the next day Boris Johnson says we should wear them in shops!

The prime minister said the government would decide in the next few days if "tools of enforcement" were needed.

Just make a clear decision FFS. If you tell people what they have to do, the vast majority will comply*. If you merely 'advise' that it should be done, less than half will comply.

* obviously taking your family for a drive to test your eyesight is permitted.

Page 57 of 365 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast