+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 58 of 365 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    There is some on offer, but it's the same vague, ambiguous and contradictory mess that has characterised this shambolic government from day one. So do we or don't we need to wear face masks in public places? Michael Gove says wearing face masks should not be mandatory in shops, the next day Boris Johnson says we should wear them in shops!

The prime minister said the government would decide in the next few days if "tools of enforcement" were needed.

Just make a clear decision FFS. If you tell people what they have to do, the vast majority will comply*. If you merely 'advise' that it should be done, less than half will comply.

* obviously taking your family for a drive to test your eyesight is permitted.
    Can't believe I am saying this but I actually agree with you on this.

There is some on offer, but it's the same vague, ambiguous and contradictory mess that has characterised this shambolic government from day one. So do we or don't we need to wear face masks in public places? Michael Gove says wearing face masks should not be mandatory in shops, the next day Boris Johnson says we should wear them in shops!

The prime minister said the government would decide in the next few days if "tools of enforcement" were needed.

Just make a clear decision FFS. If you tell people what they have to do, the vast majority will comply*. If you merely 'advise' that it should be done, less than half will comply.

Just wait until they add a no deal Brexit into the mix. I’m already stocking up on bog roll.

It’s alright though, they’ve thought of another slogan to keep the hoi polloi onside. #Letsgetgoing

After Brexit, it was always going to be a tough shout to get the economy on track. The damage done by Covid-19 and this government's inability to create a credible approach has devastated this country. The unemployment statistics by this time next year will be eye-watering.
    If ever there was a time for nations to stick together, it was now.
    What this shower of s h i t e have done is render us friendless and toothless. So many people with no clue as to just how bad things are going to get. At least they can't blame it on the left this time.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    At least they can't blame it on the left this time.
    No Sid, but they’ll give it a good bloody try.

https://www.politico.eu/article/why-...mpression=true

I agree with most. The Bit I don’t is about people will wear a mask if they are told to. I often catch a train, in fact I got the train home from work today. More DON’T wear a covering than do. It’s not being policed and it is clear which age demographic couldn’t give 2 hoots. In fact they were looking at me like I had leprosy. It is already compulsory on trains.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I agree with most. The Bit I don’t is about people will wear a mask if they are told to. I often catch a train, in fact I got the train home from work today. More DON’T wear a covering than do. It’s not being policed and it is clear which age demographic couldn’t give 2 hoots. In fact they were looking at me like I had leprosy. It is already compulsory on trains.
    I haven't been on a train in years, but it seems to be observed on buses from what I've seen. I agree that it needs to be properly policed if it becomes mandatory - if you aren't wearing a mask, you're not allowed in the shop or on the bus or train.

I just can't fathom how we're in mid July and England still hasn't made masks compulsory.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I just can't fathom how we're in mid July and England still hasn't made masks compulsory.
    Neither can I.

There's ample science that they help, especially with preventing the transmission of Covid.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html
    Last edited by countygump; 13-07-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Neither can I.

There's ample science that they help, especially with preventing the transmission of Covid.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html
    Extracts fall short of ample science:

"Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others."
    "Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings."

Whilst it seems logical at first sight many people would also think it is logical that a big stone would fall faster than a medium sized stone.

Anyways it sounds as if the Llama is going to come to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Extracts fall short of ample science:

"Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings."
    Even though it may fall short of ample science, when you read that particular statement as the person in charge do you go for the safety first option and make face coverings mandatory? Or do you dither, offer conflicting messages, and hope someone else sorts it?

Page 58 of 365 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast