+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call?

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Staying at home will be a novelty for regular workers, but it will soon wear off and boredom will set in. I am fortunate that I have had a few years now to get used to staying at home. However, the weekends are still the worst with no sport. Stay safe everyone.
    As a social worker in education, I almost feel busier working from home than I did when schools had children in them. Public transit in US sucks and is even more limited now, so lots of families struggling to get items. My area has done a good job with food distribution but other household items are in short supply. And of course, the items that they want - soap, cleaning products, hand sanitizer, toilet paper - are in short supply in the stores, so it’s tough replenishing items in our pantry. I also have been discouraging in person donations to try and limit social interactions for everyone.

For sport, I’ve been watching old games on YouTube. Surprisingly a decent amount available. At least in the States

"Shelter in Place" order here from midnight. Won't change much except that all non essential businesses will be closed. Stores, restaurants to go etc will be as normal, parks still open people asked just to use their common sense in the usage of public places. Curfew 24.00 hrs through 06.00.

On another note, stepped into the back yard today for an hour with a book and the temperature was 90F! Soon shot back inside.

Very quiet everywhere at the moment. Some of the numpties that have been carrying on as normal have now stared to take the hint. The death toll is rising here but mainly in the bigger conurbations. Spain and Italy really are suffering with massive death tolls. The scientists were predicting that it could reach 20,000 in Britain. Let us pray that they are too high with their numbers. Keep safe everyone.

Very quiet everywhere at the moment. Some of the numpties that have been carrying on as normal have now stared to take the hint. The death toll is rising here but mainly in the bigger conurbations. Spain and Italy really are suffering with massive death tolls. The scientists were predicting that it could reach 20,000 in Britain. Let us pray that they are too high with their numbers. Keep safe everyone.
    US already has the highest total number of cases in the world. And we are not even testing at a good enough rate. Michigan has the 4th highest total but we are among the lowest among total tests done. Detroit’s hospitals are already at capacity and we are not even at the peak. Michigan’s death total is doubling every two days.

With regard to Italy, this mey be a factor. Seen it anywhere?

"Many Italians in Northern Italy have sold their leather goods and textiles companies to China. Italy then allowed 100,000 Chinese workers from Wuhan and Wenzhou to move to Italy to work in these factories, with direct flights between Wuhan and Northern Italy. This continued post outbreak, so is it mere coincidence that Northern Italy is now Europe’s hotspot for Corona Virus?

The murky reality is that the EU turned a blind eye to vast numbers of illegal Chinese immigrants working in Italian factories. The ‘Open Borders’ EU will of course try to keep this under wraps, but reality is, the Chinese Mafia operate Italian textile factories with tens of thousands of illegal immigrants shipping ‘made in Italy’ goods into China and elsewhere."

Classes moved online at my university, with a two week spring break to prepare. We are back up and running with as many students as made the switch over.

Wife is a school teacher. Home for the duration most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    With regard to Italy, this mey be a factor. Seen it anywhere?

"Many Italians in Northern Italy have sold their leather goods and textiles companies to China. Italy then allowed 100,000 Chinese workers from Wuhan and Wenzhou to move to Italy to work in these factories, with direct flights between Wuhan and Northern Italy. This continued post outbreak, so is it mere coincidence that Northern Italy is now Europe’s hotspot for Corona Virus?

The murky reality is that the EU turned a blind eye to vast numbers of illegal Chinese immigrants working in Italian factories. The ‘Open Borders’ EU will of course try to keep this under wraps, but reality is, the Chinese Mafia operate Italian textile factories with tens of thousands of illegal immigrants shipping ‘made in Italy’ goods into China and elsewhere."
    Yet another reason to demonstrate how right we were to separate from the EU.

Dear Fellow Wolfies,

Firstly, I must apologise for taking so long to respond to this thread. Truth be told, I'm still feeling a bit stunned by the advent of this damned virus and the rapid change it has imposed on our lives. However, I'm pleased to learn you are all facing up to this challenge with true Wolfie fortitutude and, in spite of any social or occupational restrictions, are able to make good use of those extra hours by gardening, reading a good book, or pursuing some other activity that will help to disperse the pervading aura of gloom and doom. Down here in Oz, following our doctor's advice, my wife and I have been in self-isolation for the past two weeks and, most surprisingly, are still talking to one another.....long may it continue !!! We still have a few rolls of toilet paper and a local liquor store delivers any other essentials we may need (and at discount prices too I might add). Do hope I've got my priorities in the right order If, at the end of the day, we fall victim to this virus, we shall at least go down fighting.

After such a good season (albeit incomplete), it would be a crying shame if the stirling effort of Nuno and the lads were to go unrewarded....we can but wait and see, I suppose.

Finally, I wish you, your loved ones, family and friends, safe passage through these troubled times.......may you all keep safe.

.......Grizz
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 30-03-2020 at 05:22 AM.

Thanks Grizz and all best wishes to you too. My son-in-law was over her from Oz recently. He just got back before the door slammed shut. Lives in Robina, South of Brisbane.

Keep safe all of you!

Hi Wokes,

Glad your S-I-L was able to get back in time. South Australia and Tasmania were the first two Australian States to close their borders and few would blame them for that. Others followed suit and now only N.S.W. and Victoria (the two most populous states) have kept their borders open. I expect that very shortly we will all be in lock-down, but if it benefits the majority (including us old-timers) then so be it. Whether rightly or otherwise, China (it seems) will have to bear much of the blame for this world catastrophe,and her global credibility might well suffer for years to come. If nothing else we live in interesting times don't we?. Anyway, mate, stay safe.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)