+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call?

Roll Call?

Just wandering how everyone is doing as it has gone ominously quiet.

I spoke to my sister in Coseley today and she will be finishing her voluntary isolation on Friday. She is a nurse/practitioner and went home as she was feeling a bit dodgy, cough/sore throat/pains/tiredness etc. She said she feels OK now though. she wasn't tested, just thought it best.

No problems health wise for us, fortunately, at the moment. Stores and Restaurants still open but take out only for food. I walked up to the local coffee shop this morning and it was still possible to sit outside and have breakfast. Noticed that at Starbucks they had taken all the chairs/tables inside. No problem with the food stores, slightly thinned out of produce but nothing over the top, no crowds or pushing and shoving. It's worse down in Houston but you would expect that with all the low lifes they have down there.

Feel bad for all the small business people who I am sure are going through hell and everyone one else worrying about their jobs. Bloody glad I am retired [semi].

I saw on the news that there is going to be a voluntary [?] curfew for the over 70s. Ha, good luck with trying to stop some of the older regulars at the Royal in Coseley going for the usual evening wet. It'll take the SAS to enforce that.

So how are all you good folk doing?

Good post Woody. Everything is seriously weird and unnatural at the moment as we go through a very traumatic change to our lifestyle. In view of the disappearance of Wolves71 recently, I wonder if there is some way to record our contact details with the site.

On another note, I would alert you to the plight of Claire Elliott, a Wolves fan with cancer needing donations for some very expensive treatment. There is a thread on Molineux Mix giving more details.

I sincerely hope that you all stay safe and I wish you all well.

To make a donation for Claire Elliott go to https://www.gofundme.com/f/pnne6-can...ent-for-claire

As Wokes says, It’s all a bit surreal at the moment, not really touching us yet other than the legions of panic driven hoarders raping the supermarkets… I live in Stourbridge and there’s only 9 confirmed cases in the Dudley area so far, although of course we’re way off the peak yet. You notice the difference as soon as you leave the house though, less cars on the road and less people about generally.

Stay safe and virus free everyone particularly the old uns.

Good to hear you are all ok. I officiated at an indoor Athletics event at Sheffield over the weekend, virtually everyone turned up. Whether it was the sensible thing to do I am not sure. I suppose if it is going to get you it will find away. It is strange out and very quiet. My eldest daughter is a nurse and as I felt a bit ropy early last week I phoned her. She said are you coughing up mucus? If you are it's a cold. I was and it was.

Apart from the food shops the towns are empty. When my daughter went into Next today, she was the only customer in there. Stay safe everyone and use the forum to keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    To make a donation for Claire Elliott go to https://www.gofundme.com/f/pnne6-can...ent-for-claire
    Thanks for the link Wokes. Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Thanks for the link Wokes. Job done.
    Many thanks Woody. I don't know this lady, but that does not stop me from wanting to help. Your attitude too, I suspect.

Top man Woody!

My girlfriends grandfather passed away this past weekend (cancer, not virus). Her parents got divorced when she was 4 and her dad was essentially uninvolved in her life so her grandpa is like a father to her. With the virus, we were unsure what the plans for the funeral were. Probably not the safest decision for ourselves or others, but we went to Iowa to be with her family. Had a funeral and mass with just extended family. Again, probably not smartest and safest decision but he had 7 kids, 23 grandkids and two brothers and a sister. We will probably come back to Michigan this weekend and quarantine ourselves.

Keep safe Mich. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Just signing in, as it were. It's a weird situation. I've never been "in a war", but I kind of think that's what were fighting here. However a lot of people in the UK haven't woken up yet. Social Distancing is a myth to a lot. Over crowded tube trains and masses of people heading for "holiday hotspots". People in my village seem very keen to keep their distance - long may it continue.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)