+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update from the BOD

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I think you're on to something Francis, - no need for the extra games though...…..straight through, - home and away. Fans will want to see their team play when (if) we return to normal and it will be refreshing to see the opposition just once a season. 3 up and 3 down would also keep things fresh and exciting.

Rather than being bogged down with completing what was a completely ****ty season for many clubs, - something that would be entirely pointless, - the time is ripe for all clubs (in Scotland) to anoint the champions fairly and squarely, - avoid all relegations and promote the rest.

I don't think you can say fairer than that?

Also with only God knows what is in front of us, - surely grasping at something for the future, - whenever that may be would motivate the fans and get them behind their local club?
    check this oot jardi

https://www.docdroid.net/3k65Mud/spflpdfpdf.pdf#page=4

spfl plans lol

Seems like a decent way forward.

This is the perfect time for reconstruction, and the perfect time to come up with the right deal. (Or rather the perfect time to consider potential options - depending on the outcome of the economic shock)

The problem is going to be keeping clubs going over a prolonged period of inactivity, - with no-one really knowing when it might end.

Giving all clubs hope will allow fans to get behind their local teams to provide valuable funding to keep them afloat, while an intriguing reconstruction could get potential sponsors excited. In the present climate though, I cannot see any sponsors coming forward until we actually know what kind of economic model the world will adopt after this crisis.

I think that we have other much more serious issues to concentrate upon at the moment before we need to concentrate once more on the beautiful game.

You going to cull 6 teams Francis? Let you be the axeman!
    Howsabout pyramid-up Brora & Kelty = 44 SPFL clubs.
    14 in the Prem, 10 in the C'ship, 10 in Div 1 South, 10 in Div 1 North.
    Prem existing 12 plus Dundee Utd & ICT.
    C'ship remaining 8 plus Falkirk & Raith.
    The rest can battle it out geographically etc.
    Best thing is nobody gets hurt.

Spike, - I couldn't agree more, - but Arabchnid is spot on, - we must ensure that there are no losers after all this.

One thing I would add though is that the football authorities have a habit of leaving things until the last moment and then making rash decisions, - I'd much rather they looked at all possibilities, - including nurturing the grass roots and ensuring that the game has a future.

It may seem irrational at the moment, - but we may not even be able to commence the 20/21 season at the normal time, and so thinking about completely reorganising leagues and when we play them might make a lot of sense. What I'm saying is that we can start with a blank sheet of paper and actually come up with something that the public want to see, - not what the officials think the public wants to see.

Crucially, the biggest question will be money, - and this crisis is going to revolutionise how the entire world works and a whole new economic model may have to be considered, - and football will not be able to exist in its own bubble anymore.

So although we might consider potential future models now, - the goal posts will move many, many times, - before we actually have a system that can work.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    You going to cull 6 teams Francis? Let you be the axeman!
    Howsabout pyramid-up Brora & Kelty = 44 SPFL clubs.
    14 in the Prem, 10 in the C'ship, 10 in Div 1 South, 10 in Div 1 North.
    Prem existing 12 plus Dundee Utd & ICT.
    C'ship remaining 8 plus Falkirk & Raith.
    The rest can battle it out geographically etc.
    Best thing is nobody gets hurt.

arabchnid my post is from the splf official im not going to cull 6 team this link i gave is directly from splf planning iv just quoted the link
    of the spfl plans for reconstruction do you not see that arabchnid .i never created that spread sheet niel doncaster and co did .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 27-03-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Spike, - I couldn't agree more, - but Arabchnid is spot on, - we must ensure that there are no losers after all this.

One thing I would add though is that the football authorities have a habit of leaving things until the last moment and then making rash decisions, - I'd much rather they looked at all possibilities, - including nurturing the grass roots and ensuring that the game has a future.

It may seem irrational at the moment, - but we may not even be able to commence the 20/21 season at the normal time, and so thinking about completely reorganising leagues and when we play them might make a lot of sense. What I'm saying is that we can start with a blank sheet of paper and actually come up with something that the public want to see, - not what the officials think the public wants to see.

Crucially, the biggest question will be money, - and this crisis is going to revolutionise how the entire world works and a whole new economic model may have to be considered, - and football will not be able to exist in its own bubble anymore.

So although we might consider potential future models now, - the goal posts will move many, many times, - before we actually have a system that can work.
    All good stuff Jardi. A new broom, used correctly, could do our game a world of good. Could do the world a world of good in fact!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    arabchnid my post is from the splf official im not going to cull 6 team this link i gave is directly from splf planning iv just quoted the link
    of the spfl plans for reconstruction do you not see that arabchnid .i never created that spread sheet niel doncaster and co did .
    Sorry Francis I had not opened the SPFL document. I have now and see it's a 14-10-10N-10S set-up too but honestly, I wasn't copying it! The 14-team prem would be very hard to structure & we might just have to put up with a not-ideal scenario. But two things emerge - firstly, whatever the new structure is, no club must have cause for complaint and secondly, after today it's looking like there will not be a ball kicked before August. But underlying point - this situation does make reconstruction opportune.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)