+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update from the BOD

Update from the BOD

An excellent update from the BOD.

This was my first opportunity to read it.

As they explain, their hands are tied until a lot of things are resolved.

I would like to stress that this is the ideal opportunity for Scottish football to freshen up their leagues, - increasing the teams to 16 and playing each other just once at home per season(and obviously away)

So rather than sitting waiting for the April 30th deadline and the June deadline to slip past, - there should be some determined decision making for the future, - whenever it is decided that normal life and football can resume...…………...and sadly that might not be for a very long time. However, if a proper structure is in place, - then clubs and fans can start to prepare and the present feeling of complete and utter hopelessness will be reduced.

It must be abundantly clear to everyone that this is a situation way beyond anyone's comprehension and that even to contemplate relegating Hearts and Partick Thistle, or forcing every club to play the remaining 8 matches in 6 months or a year's time when every player will be out of contract or may have completely retired from the game, - (a certain Mr. Dobbie springs to mind) is completely futile.

We need to be brave, start afresh with a clean sheet and a new structure and get fans excited and behind their club, - desperate for the new era to begin, - whenever that might be.

I reckon more clubs in every league is the way forward and should be galvanised when the SPFL restarts again.

Also a great article in the Dumfries Courier where reporter and big Queens fan Euan Maxwell interviews Chairman Billy Hewitson on the current crisis.

Agree also, the league's should be bigger but with additional clubs joining not filtering down to say three divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Agree also, the league's should be bigger but with additional clubs joining not filtering down to say three divisions.

2 divisions of 18 playing everyone 1 home 1 away with a pyrimid below ,surely the best way to run a league that way 36 league games a season and if need be you can have a split after 36 games and play the further 8 fixtures with the teams in there top or bottom half sections to make 44 if need be .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 24-03-2020 at 12:20 PM.

id then have a 3 up 3 down promotion/relegation scenario with 18 team leagues

I think you're on to something Francis, - no need for the extra games though...…..straight through, - home and away. Fans will want to see their team play when (if) we return to normal and it will be refreshing to see the opposition just once a season. 3 up and 3 down would also keep things fresh and exciting.

Rather than being bogged down with completing what was a completely ****ty season for many clubs, - something that would be entirely pointless, - the time is ripe for all clubs (in Scotland) to anoint the champions fairly and squarely, - avoid all relegations and promote the rest.

I don't think you can say fairer than that?

Also with only God knows what is in front of us, - surely grasping at something for the future, - whenever that may be would motivate the fans and get them behind their local club?

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I think you're on to something Francis, - no need for the extra games though...…..straight through, - home and away. Fans will want to see their team play when (if) we return to normal and it will be refreshing to see the opposition just once a season. 3 up and 3 down would also keep things fresh and exciting.

Rather than being bogged down with completing what was a completely ****ty season for many clubs, - something that would be entirely pointless, - the time is ripe for all clubs (in Scotland) to anoint the champions fairly and squarely, - avoid all relegations and promote the rest.

I don't think you can say fairer than that?

Also with only God knows what is in front of us, - surely grasping at something for the future, - whenever that may be would motivate the fans and get them behind their local club?

Stirling Albion supporters raised over £10,000 in 24 hours to help support their club during these difficult times. I didn’t actually realise you could do this with Queens also. Just seen this link on twitter

https://store.qosfc.com/make-a-donation

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Stirling Albion supporters raised over £10,000 in 24 hours to help support their club during these difficult times. I didn’t actually realise you could do this with Queens also. Just seen this link on twitter

https://store.qosfc.com/make-a-donation
    This needs to be more widely advertised and circulated

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)