+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Ireland lockdown

O/T:- Ireland lockdown

So, we have gone into lockdown for 2 weeks starting at midnight just passed. You can only be 2km away from your home, you are allowed out for shopping.
    I'm currently working in the local hospital on a "new"covid-19 ward & yesterday got told to get the materials for it myself after the hse bought some last week & said to use this. Don't know now if these suppliers will be open let alone it picked up in Dublin. 2m rule a load of bollox on building site,can't be done on a refurb on a time limit.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-03-2020 at 02:36 PM.

I agree Pete, i live 6 kms from the nearest shop so i will have some explaining to do if im stopped and questioned , I have been calling for this to happen now for a few weeks but now it has it feels weird, terrifying actually that we are in this kind of state... be safe buddy and to anybody else who's reading

The two km rule is for exercise, presumably to prevent a half a million people arriving in Glendalough etc like last weekend.

It’s ok to go beyond 2km to buy food or other essentials.

It's not been the introduction to Ireland that I was hoping for...

The rural nature of a lot of the country does make the 2 km thing a bit challenging, but I guess that they are mostly focussing on Dublin, maybe Cork, as the majority of the population is packed in there, no?

Just back from work & amazed at the amount of traffic on the road. Not seen any Garda yet

From RTÉ app.
    “Under the new restrictions, people not 'cocooning' can leave their homes for a walk/run within a 2km limit, but*can travel beyond the 2km limit for food shopping.”