+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Trial of Alex Salmond

The Trial of Alex Salmond

He had one. He was found innocent in the highest court in the land. This Kirsty Wark retrial is the most staggeringly appalling piece of television I’ve ever seen.

And I hate the fat Jambo mess

Thank god I’m missing whatever it is you’re talking about.

Alex Salmond = best politician in my lifetime.

I watched it. Nothing groundbreaking. He's a bit of a sleaze who has over stepped the mark a few times and it has been politically weaponized piggybacking the #metoo movement.

Why have the trial at all, when Judge Kirsty can just find you guilty in a BBC special?

I've Sky +ed it so nae spoilers please.

The BBC are a disgrace to democracy and an affront to the people who pay a license fee for a London government view .

I stopped watching and paying for that London view 2014 .

I've no time for them run by Tories and always has been fk them.

The disgrace was Mrs Krankie and her cronies trying to stitch up Salmond.

Of course we may never know what dark political arts have come in to play but my moneys on a unionist plot to throw the indy movement in to disarray.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Why have the trial at all, when Judge Kirsty can just find you guilty in a BBC special?
    Not what I saw.

It was a diary piece, made during the proceedings and with the background to its development given to put it in context. As Warko explained in her press coverage preceding its showing, a rather bigger story pushed it out of the headlines, and that seems to have given time for reflection and analysis, taking input from those who were in court, including the alleged victims, journalists, the motor-mouthed defence lead (no word on any sanction that I’ve seen for his caught-on-camera yapping on a train), and an offer - ignored, as I recall - for the successful accused to speak to the programme.

Further context was provided by the defendant’s allies, his former deputy, on whom he shat, his former comminications mannie, and his former Justice Secretary, a current MP.

The conclusion, from recall, was not any questioning of the verdict reached, rather that this was leading to a big fecht inside a tired and divided party, “a volcano” according to my former comrade and party leader. If that’s a plot from within, I’m prepared to take on board Warko’s analysis, especially given the comments of Messrs Sillars and Mr Odd-Use-Of-A-Letterbox, MP.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Not what I saw.

It was a diary piece, made during the proceedings and with the background to its development given to put it in context. As Warko explained in her press coverage preceding its showing, a rather bigger story pushed it out of the headlines, and that seems to have given time for reflection and analysis, taking input from those who were in court, including the alleged victims, journalists, the motor-mouthed defence lead (no word on any sanction that I’ve seen for his caught-on-camera yapping on a train), and an offer - ignored, as I recall - for the successful accused to speak to the programme.

Further context was provided by the defendant’s allies, his former deputy, on whom he shat, his former comminications mannie, and his former Justice Secretary, a current MP.

The conclusion, from recall, was not any questioning of the verdict reached, rather that this was leading to a big fecht inside a tired and divided party, “a volcano” according to my former comrade and party leader. If that’s a plot from within, I’m prepared to take on board Warko’s analysis, especially given the comments of Messrs Sillars and Mr Odd-Use-Of-A-Letterbox, MP.
    Looked like a hatchet job to me, from a husband and wife combo who canny stand him, with a sprinkling of folk added who canny stand him either. In particular I loved the lunch scene, where they all got to blether in a full cafe about how guilty he was looking. Reading out the witness statements (which the jury rejected) was a nice touch too.

That said, I canny stand him either. Any man that supports those diet hun bottling yo yo bridesmaids b’stards, clearly has poor judgement. That’s was appalling though. Hope lawyers are looking at it. She gave away the identity of one of the witnesses, which is more than what that fruitcake Craig Murray is in court for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast