+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's been happening ?

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Same old same old
    But at least mods are taking action for the good of the board
    Yep.

People don't come on here to be abused or wound up deliberately.

There's no getting away from it-we're all in for a tough few months and I hope this forum is somewhere we cqn come and let off steam or have a laugh even if there's no football to talk about. Why should posters come on and be pissed off because someone is having a go or winding them up?

Over-sensitive or over-reacting? Dunno, maybe, but people shouldn't leave this site thinking 'I'm not going back there, I don't need this', etc.

We're living through an extraordinary period and we've got to help each other out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Yep.

There's no getting away from it-we're all in for a tough few months and I hope this forum is somewhere we cqn come and let off steam or have a laugh even if there's no football to talk about. Why should posters come on and be pissed off because someone is having a go or winding them up?

Over-sensitive or over-reacting? Dunno, maybe, but people shouldn't leave this site thinking 'I'm not going back there, I don't need this', etc.

We're living through an extraordinary period and we've got to help each other out.
    🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Yep.

Well said

Yep.

At least if the regular moderate posters adhere to this attitude then apart from geunuine disagreements and differences of opinion, which are inevitable along the line, the board will continue to grow and thrive hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Same old same old
    But at least mods are taking action for the good of the board
    I'd also add that everything we do as mods is for the good of the board.

At the end of the day, we're all just regular posters with a few extra buttons but, for better or worse deoending on your point of view and without wanting to sound arsey, the good of the board is exactly why we act. Aye, we might get things wrong from time to time or, at least, 'wrong' in the eyes of sdome posters but we're all very fond of this little corner of the internet and just want the best for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    At least if the regular moderate posters adhere to this attitude then apart from geunuine disagreements and differences of opinion, which are inevitable along the line, the board will continue to grow and thrive hopefully.
    it will never be what it was in the past It's not a fault of the board just social trends but while the board has many members getting them to "wake up"is the objective and encouraging new posters - doom and gloom and bitter arguments don,t help

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    it will never be what it was in the past It's not a fault of the board just social trends but while the board has many members getting them to "wake up"is the objective and encouraging new posters - doom and gloom and bitter arguments don,t help
    You are probably right Ron but at least if the majority of us are prepared to try it will get better rather than worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    You are probably right Ron but at least if the majority of us are prepared to try it will get better rather than worse.
    With one exception I think it’s a great board and the mods do an excellent job

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    Well it's 10 0'clock Sunday morning and there is one member as well as me but 35 guests viewing.

If a few of these guests, if not affiliated to other clubs would sign up and join in with the banter, provide new input and ideas they would find themselves very welcome. (Multis excluded of course)

The board is gonna be extremely slow at the moment due to the fact their's bugger all football or any sport on. And that's to be expected. We've just gotta try keep the board alive with silly threads and have a laugh. I'm sure when the season picks up again others will realise this is a friendly place and some decent lads and everything and anything goes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)