+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: To the mods!

To the mods!

Here's to the mods!

We are all feeling and living according to the current situation of the state of the world - it's almost like a third world war feeling in some sense, only we are battling an invisible enemy - regardless of where we are currently located (I'm in Denmark, a lot of you are in England, TopToon is in Brazil etc.). Does that make sense? I hope so

I have been very busy with work - ironically I have been a lot more busy working from home than when I'm in the office - and I'm sure everyone here has got a lot on their plate at the moment. Personally, I'm just happy to see the board being (very!) active during this crisis as I'm too busy to contribute regularly.

Sorry; I'll get to the point - there are a lot of canny (Zip's word which I'm also using now ) posters on here whose contributions I thoroughly enjoy reading. Keep on being active on here, and I'll try my best to do the same.

I think the mods we have here currently are the best team that we've had in my time, and we're having some great discussions on all kinds of topics. It doesn't matter whether we agree or not, it's more that the discussions are actually taking place. I think that's probably the ideal forum to be a part of.

Cheers guys!

COME ON THE TOON

Well said...

Kind of you both. And I agree-it's a situation which is unique in almost all of our lifetimes and which must be akin to wartime conditions in many ways. It's bloody scary, especially when you've got older relatives or people in your family or friends in vulnerable groups. It's brought out the worst in people-Ashley, hoarders, etc- proved how fucking dumb lots of people are-daytrippers to the Lakes as if it's just a bank holiday, etc, but also brought out the best in folk and, ironically, brought people closer together-social distancing and self isolation notwithstanding!

And on that last point, any chance we get to stay in touch with each other is an opportunity to be relished-cherished, even- and, much as it can be part of the problem, this is where social media actually makes sense and can be a force for good. Our forum along with so many others as well as facebook pages, Twitter feeds, etc is going to be an important part of keeping people together whilst we're all apart-the 'social' part of social media has never made more sense.

And if what I've just said seems to be an over-reaction, well we're at the very beginning of months where communities will be kept apart and I think the internet generally is going to be something that we're all extremely grateful for in these coming weeks because of its role in keeping us in touch with each other. This is our particular, tiny little part of that internet and I'm very glad to be here.

True. Social media gets quite a bit of stick these days but at a moment like this you can see how important it is. Can you imagine how it would be now with no internet? We’d only have tv and radio for up to date news and there has been so much good humour and camaraderie on it, including on here.

All the Mods do a great job on here

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    All the Mods do a great job on here
    Myself and almost all on here will second that, also thanks mainly to Zip for keeping the momentum going.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Myself and almost all on here will second that, also thanks mainly to Zip for keeping the momentum going.
    Thanks, Pat, but nah...it's all of us...there's a limit to how much we can post and the quality of what we post before people go 'wtf are you on about?' but if we keep a steady drip drip of threads and posts then we'll be ok.

I must say this site is, except for a couple of exceptions is prety easy to moderate.

yep good mods help keep us on the straight and narrow!!

Kudos to them all.

Cheers for doing such a good job and showing an inordinate AMOUNT OF PATIENCE!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)