+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Life on the front line.

3rd stage trials are showing positive results according to drug company.
    Stock market surges over 6% around the world.
    If the stock markets are surging and happy and optimistic then we no longer have anything to worry about...
    Happy days.....😇

Then suddenly, everyone who has had the vaccine turns into a zombie..........

........only joking!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    3rd stage trials are showing positive results according to drug company.
    Stock market surges over 6% around the world.
    If the stock markets are surging and happy and optimistic then we no longer have anything to worry about...
    Happy days.....😇
    I need this vaccine to be authentic and available because business is in the toilet.

I’ll be on the bones of my a r s e if this lockdown continues.

Good news!...😇
    Immunity to coronavirus lasts at least eight months and may even continue for years, new research has suggested.

Scientists looked at immune cells in survivors of Covid-19, including those that store “memory” of the virus which can activate antibodies.

The study, led by scientists at La Jolla Institute for Immunology at San Diego university in the US, assessed elements of the immune response including antibodies and T-cells, and found the “immune memory” may last for at least eight months.

Experts said the slow rate of decline in some of the cells required for immunity could mean it lasted even longer.

The study has raised hopes that the protection conferred by coronavirus vaccines could last for years, and that an annual jab may not be required.

A number of recent papers have suggested immunity may wane in as little as three months, raising questions over the effectiveness of a vaccine.

But newer recent research on T-cells was more optimistic, suggesting a response could last for much longer.

However, scientists said the new study findings indicated that it was possible the “immune memory” could

still be triggered many years later.

In the study, posted ahead of peer review on medRxiv, a health science website, researchers took periodic measurements of the levels

of antibodies as well as memory T- and B-cells, and other immune cells in the body.

The T-cells – the immune component that both kills off infected cells and helps B-cells make antibodies – were found to still be present at six months.

Scientists had feared that those who developed only mild infections would be unlikely to have a strong immune response, but almost all developed cells capable of creating new antibodies if they encountered the virus again.

Stephen Evans, professor of pharmacoepidemiology at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, said it was probably “good news for vaccines being able to provide immunity that is more than very short-term”.

Am not editing the above post because the editing feature makes the post disappear ..😆
    Just to say the above post is from a report in The Irish Independent Newspaper...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Am not editing the above post because the editing feature makes the post disappear ..😆
    Just to say the above post is from a report in The Irish Independent Newspaper...
    Morning Dubbs. Potentially good news re the latest findings. This site meanwhile bumbles along with the Android edit capacity of a board rubber. Never mind ....

Eight months is virtually from one flu season to the next, and I would think older people's immunity wouldn't last as long as that of a young healthy person.
    A lot of people will become millionaires and a lot will become bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Eight months is virtually from one flu season to the next, and I would think older people's immunity wouldn't last as long as that of a young healthy person.
    A lot of people will become millionaires and a lot will become bankrupt.
    I would say the same millionaires will make more millions and the rest will finance them...

I was surprised to find the last post on here was 19th of November.

If Dubbag is not too busy nursing I wonder if an update would be possible?

You’ve been so far ahead of the curve all the way through this Dubs and I’d be interested as to your present position and just how bad is it and how much worse might it get in the NHS sin the next month?

Any news on the vaccine?

Are they immunising quickly enough?

When will us 50-70 year olds get one?

How well is it working?

Is any vaccine better than another?

Any info appreciated and I hope you’re keeping well.

I’ve bumped this in the hope it sparks Dubs into life again.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)