+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Life on the front line.

I'll post this as a last post on this thread, cause I know people want to get on with things....do take care and mind yourself a...as nobody else will...👍

The long-term effects of COVID-19, even on people who suffered a mild infection, could be far worse than was originally anticipated, according to researchers and doctors in northern Italy.

Psychosis, insomnia, kidney disease, spinal infections, strokes, chronic tiredness and mobility issues are being identified in former coronavirus patients in Lombardy, the worst-affected region in the country.

The doctors warn that some victims may never recover from the illness and that all age groups are vulnerable.

Infection rates have lessened but Italy is seeing the long-term effects COVID-19 has on survivors
    The virus is a systemic infection that affects all the organs of the body, not, as was previously thought, just a respiratory disease, they say....
    Some people may find that their ability to properly work, to concentrate, and even to take part in physical activities will be severely impaired.

So it looks now like it isn't respitatory...but systemic.
    Cheers...❤️

I hope this isn’t your last post on this topic Dubs........I’ve learned more from you than from any government minister or from any so called experts.

Thanks for all your updates and your daily work to help the afflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I'll post this as a last post on this thread, cause I know people want to get on with things....do take care and mind yourself a...as nobody else will...��

The long-term effects of COVID-19, even on people who suffered a mild infection, could be far worse than was originally anticipated, according to researchers and doctors in northern Italy.

Psychosis, insomnia, kidney disease, spinal infections, strokes, chronic tiredness and mobility issues are being identified in former coronavirus patients in Lombardy, the worst-affected region in the country.

The doctors warn that some victims may never recover from the illness and that all age groups are vulnerable.

Infection rates have lessened but Italy is seeing the long-term effects COVID-19 has on survivors
    The virus is a systemic infection that affects all the organs of the body, not, as was previously thought, just a respiratory disease, they say....
    Some people may find that their ability to properly work, to concentrate, and even to take part in physical activities will be severely impaired.

So it looks now like it isn't respitatory...but systemic.
    Cheers...❤️
    My Financial Advisor's daughter 39 works for the NHS in Medway 'recovered' from Covid 19 but has life long conditions one of which one was blood clots on the lungs.

Take care of yourself indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I hope this isn’t your last post on this topic Dubs........I’ve learned more from you than from any government minister or from any so called experts.

Thanks for all your updates and your daily work to help the afflicted.
    Really nice post Mick...thank you for that....
    I just some times hear conversations in here weeks before they become news to the public...We are Covid free as we speak and have been for a few weeks now.....but we are keeping our capacity up as all the indications are that even though it is Summer this thing is still very contagious. Its too early to gauge from the Southern Hemisphere countries, just what type of seasonal flu virus is going to arrive.....but worth keeping an eye on that region for a warning.

Wearing a mask is a no brainer (in my opinion). But use it properly...Have a few of them and wash then after use.They dry quick enough Avoid touching the front of the mask. The more you were one the less uncomfortable it becomes and the less touching of it as well.
    Why they are sending out mixed messages on it, is beyond me......unless somebody hasn't bought shares in the company yet...

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    My Financial Advisor's daughter 39 works for the NHS in Medway 'recovered' from Covid 19 but has life long conditions one of which one was blood clots on the lungs.

Take care of yourself indeed.
    You too 9goals........

So people are attempting to get back to "normal" with there lives after the initial lockdown. Understandable but at this point unacceptable cause life is not normal at the moment. Our hospital currently has no Covid-19 patients but all staff continue to wear face masks and full visors.
    This is due to the nature of how easy the virus can spread. All patients coming into our unit are swabbed and treated as C-19 patients until 3 negatives come back.
    Community transmissions are on the rise as people go back to "normal" Cases in general are on the rise. This is to be expected.. One of the earlier hopes was that Summer would see a seasonal fall away in cases with C-19. THAT IS NOT NOW PROVING TO BE THE CASE.
    An interesting note from scientists in Hong Kong states that..."
    Local scientists have voiced fears that a strain of the virus circulating in Hong Kong could cause greater damage.
    It is said to have not mutated for at least 22 days, meaning it could have adapted well to humans, becoming easier to transmit" (Sky source)
    More young people are transmitting the disease in general. So with all that is been learned about this novel Virus....I am not really surprised that millions feel it is their RIGHT to go on holidays. This virus has a great generation of humans to move through. A truly selfish generation that cares only for his or her own personal pleasure.
    When out....my suggestion is simple. Don't do things in a normal way as before.. Think differently and stay away from herd mentality. Be around for the new season....👍

These posts have been really informative Dubbag so don’t just stop them.

I was talking to a neighbour of my dads who is a senior consultant in the NHS and part of a working committee to do with Covid. He said pretty much what you have said, DO NOT assume this thing has gone as it hasn’t. He said continue to act as we were before, limited contact, wash hands, wear a mask etc.

He said at a recent meeting they were told to expect a big spike towards year end .possibly worse than before He said that they do not have enough ventilators and they have been told to prioritise by age. Anyone over 80 will not get treated in places at full capacity. This is from central government

The self entitled generation who refuse to comply as they will not be told how to run their lives and the selfish morons out there are feeding this thing it would seem. Scary times considering so many think we’re back to normal

A figure to keep an eye on is the median age .....during lockdown it was quite high due to the nature of transmission through nursing homes and the like.....but now more and more younger people are transmitting the disease......because of" the little flu syndrome"
    Two things about that...
    1. More people are now carrying the disease and are possibly asymptomatic carriers.
    2. More younger people have underling health conditions then in previous generations.
    Diabetes, Obesity,Asthma are more prevalent in younger generations due to environmental pressure in the modern era. The more that get infected...the more likely that they will begin to present in hospitals....putting upward pressure on hospitals beds. In lockdown...this was not the case....but now.....different situation developing.

As I said before...this is now proving to be a systemic disease, rather then just a respiratory disease. While the treatment is getting better as understanding grows about C-19......the best treatment is still preventative treatment.. Establish new habits of proper hygiene and maintain them. Social distancing means social change...its that simple.

You should be holding a nightly press conference Dubs.

Your posts are more informative and a hundred times more succinct that the monotonous drivel spouted by ministers and the so called “experts” so please keep posting.

Foooking useless government response from day one from the buffoon Bojo downwards.

At first I wasn't critical as it was an unprecedented pandemic, but we have seen no effective leadership.

Foreign travel should have been limited to essential travel and masks from day one, everywhere none of this mask here or not needed here bo llox.

Absolute s hit show from the moment the bumbling idiot shook hands in defiance with a visiting dignitary.

Thanks for your updates Dubbag, selfish c??? S will ensure this Curse continues until a vaccine is found.

Every part of me wanted to be at the ground last Wednesday night to celebrate as precious moments like that come fee and far between and the youtube videos made me very envious.

But, I am not a hypocritic.

Take care and stay safe.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)