+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Life on the front line.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Cheers Dubs.

I’m a whiz on racket advice if you take up tennis or squash etc ��
    That reminds me of when I used to play squash, loved the game, I was a member at Stourbridge, close, I believe, to where you used to live, Mick. I was playing seven or eight games a week but it didn’t do my knees much good.....! Bloody expensive, decent squash racquets now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Just started back jogging again yesterday (can't say running anymore) so the idea of twisting in a game of squash is making me wince even now...but thanks all the same....
    I still jog Dubs and I’m 59 in a couple of weeks.

How old are you?

I still jog Dubs and I’m 59 in a couple of weeks.

How old are you?
    56...I did my ACL playing football about 7 years ago......while I took a break from running marathons....was training fro the 2017 Dublin marathon when I did it again only this time worse.....so after 24,000 kilometers in the last 10 years I decided to stop.....But started a few months ago during lockdown.....but had other things going on. Started yesterday with 5Ks..more gentle jogging then running...But it makes me happy...

56...I did my ACL playing football about 7 years ago......while I took a break from running marathons....was training fro the 2017 Dublin marathon when I did it again only this time worse.....so after 24,000 kilometers in the last 10 years I decided to stop.....But started a few months ago during lockdown.....but had other things going on. Started yesterday with 5Ks..more gentle jogging then running...But it makes me happy...
    Unusual to do the ACL when out running Dubs?

Not ever heard of that before unless you slipped or twisted it.

Very unlucky I would suggest?

Unusual to do the ACL when out running Dubs?

Not ever heard of that before unless you slipped or twisted it.

Very unlucky I would suggest?
    You are correct Mick....It never really recovered from the football...well it was always a little weaker. But yeah...out running one morning and went in to a semi pot hole and my knee not my ankle twisted right around.....took me an hour to get back to the car.....which should have been ten minutes....heading out now......

The data continues to come in about SARS-CoV2....its interesting how nature is changing right in front of our eyes. It continues to mutate and seems to becoming more contagious. It seems to be responding to the difficulty that public health advice is saying....so the virus mutates to help spread...

This report is by
    Lauren Aratani in New York Thu 24 Sep 2020

The Covid-19 virus is continuing to mutate throughout the course of the pandemic, with experts believing it is probably becoming more contagious , as coronavirus cases in the US have started to rise once again, according to a new research.

The new US study analyzed 5,000 genetic sequences of the virus, which has continued to mutate as it has spread through the population. The study did not find that mutations of the virus have made it more lethal or changed its effects, even as it may be becoming more easier to catch, according to a report in the Washington Post, which noted that public health experts acknowledge all viruses have mutations, which are mostly insignificant.

David Morens, a virologist at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that the new study should not be over-interpreted, but added that the virus could be responding to public health interventions such as social distancing.

“All those things are barriers to transmissibility, or contagion, but as the virus becomes more contagious it statistically is better at getting around those barriers,” he said.

Morens noted that this could mean that the virus might continue to mutate even after a vaccine is available, meaning the vaccine will have to be tinkered with – just as the flu vaccine is altered each year.

The report goes on to state that at this stage more then 90% of the USA population are still open to Covid-19 disease.

The data continues to come in about SARS-CoV2....its interesting how nature is changing right in front of our eyes. It continues to mutate and seems to becoming more contagious. It seems to be responding to the difficulty that public health advice is saying....so the virus mutates to help spread...

This report is by
    Lauren Aratani in New York Thu 24 Sep 2020

The Covid-19 virus is continuing to mutate throughout the course of the pandemic, with experts believing it is probably becoming more contagious , as coronavirus cases in the US have started to rise once again, according to a new research.

The new US study analyzed 5,000 genetic sequences of the virus, which has continued to mutate as it has spread through the population. The study did not find that mutations of the virus have made it more lethal or changed its effects, even as it may be becoming more easier to catch, according to a report in the Washington Post, which noted that public health experts acknowledge all viruses have mutations, which are mostly insignificant.

David Morens, a virologist at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that the new study should not be over-interpreted, but added that the virus could be responding to public health interventions such as social distancing.

“All those things are barriers to transmissibility, or contagion, but as the virus becomes more contagious it statistically is better at getting around those barriers,” he said.

Morens noted that this could mean that the virus might continue to mutate even after a vaccine is available, meaning the vaccine will have to be tinkered with – just as the flu vaccine is altered each year.

The report goes on to state that at this stage more then 90% of the USA population are still open to Covid-19 disease.
    This being understood Dubs does this not enforce the idea of looking a herd immunity?

If it’s going to find ways of transmitting and getting around social distancing then what is the point?

I’d suggest that once again,the only point is stopping the NHS etc from being swamped?

This being understood Dubs does this not enforce the idea of looking a herd immunity?

If it’s going to find ways of transmitting and getting around social distancing then what is the point?

I’d suggest that once again,the only point is stopping the NHS etc from being swamped?
    Didn’t they say anti bodies only last about 2 months so herd immunity is a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Didn’t they say anti bodies only last about 2 months so herd immunity is a waste of time
    Lasting 6-9 months I believe.

Let’s face it......we ain’t all going to catch it at once are we!?

Nothing ever stands still unless your a dinosaur looking at a comet streaking across the sky...
    Most of the health services across the globe have been under funded and out sourced...getting people to go private and all that...As I said before...about two years ago there was a pretty bad winter flu going around that put our hospital system under pressure.I suggest it is the same with most national health services across Europe....

The idea of flattening the curve (as they say) is to stop everybody crashing at the same time. Don't have the trickle (low transmission) turn into a stampede (the way it's heading) But as said above...immunity does not appear to last long... It's the contagion numbers that are frightening the system....hospital beds filling up are already starting to climb again over here and I suspect elsewhere...There is no easy answer to this situation....if you remove all restriction tomorrow as some are suggesting...it shall quickly descend into a horror show.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)