+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stay safe everybody ....

Stay safe everybody ....

Aa reality starts to bite....

Liam my oldest is at college today then possibly not again until september....

Alfie my youngest, has school today and tomorrow, then no more until further notice, we are now waiting to see what they are going to do about GCSE's.... predicted grades being a mooted possibility....

Work wise.... Nissan employs 7k... 6500 have been sent home on full pay until further notice... I am one of the remaining 500.... I will be there Saturday nightshift this week... no can****, no medical centre... heating turned off, empty vending machines... only about 100 people in the whole factory....

My wife works as a sister at the freeman hospital...
    Front line, she has to do extra hours for no extra pay, and she needs to continue to work, even if the rest of us go into isolation.... she is only allowed to miss work if she is tested positive or has symptoms herself....

I am not allowed to visit my parents... they are 71 and 74....

The gym is closed... other than work, there is naff all to do....

Now I am sure, some of you are far worse off.... so.... please... stay safe...

I second what you have said Mick. Health is the most important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    I second what you have said Mick. Health is the most important thing.
    Yes that's true. My sympathy goes to parents of older children of thinking and reasoning age, how are they going to get them to occupy themselves over to coming months without boredom setting in.

If it goes on for longer than a few weeks I can see gangs of ****agers, whose parents aren't an inlfuence on them, getting up to all sorts of things from minor trouble up to looting, especially as the summer comes on with the longer nights and warmer/hotter weather.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Yes that's true. My sympathy goes to parents of older children of thinking and reasoning age, how are they going to get them to occupy themselves over to coming months without boredom setting in.

If it goes on for longer than a few weeks I can see gangs of ****agers, whose parents aren't an inlfuence on them, getting up to all sorts of things from minor trouble up to looting, especially as the summer comes on with the longer nights and warmer/hotter weather.
    Wonder why the word tee-nager gets ****. Any ideas anyone.

Happily retired now had to cancel my motorbike trip with my mates in May to do the Normandy Beaches. I’ve got bookings to go to France on the bike in July to Reims a few other places and back to Ypres fingers crossed it will be clear to travel the

Been fly fishing twice this week to Sharpley Springs without any problems and caught plenty of fish

Shopping is apparently a nightmare now I never had any problems last week though

Unfortunately indoor bowls has been closed till September and not sure if outdoor is going to go ahead

Just stay safe people

☝️☝️☝️ that is the kind of reply I was hoping for.... cheers Terry Mac lad.... stay safe.

Here in Brazil we are ‘behind’ Europe in the advance of the disease. About 360 confirmed cases and 4 deaths. Looking across the water to you we know what is coming. All non essential shops, businesses snd schools closed yesterday for 7 days in my city, at least but will be longer.
    All about flattening the curve - our NHS couldn’t lace the boots of yours and so managing the spread is all important.

Received a recorded audio of wife’s cousin who works in Milan as a nurse. She sounds shocked and frightened.

Let’s all play our part to defeat the invisible enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    ☝️☝️☝️ that is the kind of reply I was hoping for.... cheers Terry Mac lad.... stay safe.
    Cheers mate you too

The US / Canada border is closed for the very first time, I was down that way today at midday and it was eerily quiet. Hope it doesn't get as bad as Italy though, what an awful time they are having. Luckily me and mine ok apart from them being laid off for the foreseeable future. Onward and upwards all on here.

School where I work has been planning for next week.

Been like hte last hours on the Titanic in our staff briefing "we'll keep a skeleton staff on for the children of key workers till their are none of us left".

Been making up food packages for our most vulnerable families.

Surreal.

Such a weird atmosphere today now the year 11s know they have nothing to work towards.

Stay safe all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)